LTD Viper-1000 Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-1000 Deluxe

Purchased from: American Guitar Store

Today I played on it with my band and I was amazed by the tone deliverd by the EMG-81 elements. We play metal in the style like Mastodon. And this just sounds perfectly. I play on a Line 6 Spider 100 Watt. The guitar also sound clean perfect, verry dark. For the solos I play it just sound perfect I play just normal solos not very fast.

I think this is a excenlent metal guitar. Because of the EMG's. I don't think this guitar is for many styles of music. It's sound very dark and very brutal.

I haven't played this guitar live yet but I think I surtenly will. Because I think this guitar is verry good bild. I don't expect to get problems with this guitar it's a very solid guitar.

I asked the shop to put on Dadario 010 strings and to set it up right. The action is perfect. The strings are verry close to the EMG's but they don't hit any frets so it's perfect it also stays well in tune. The finish of the neck is great the binding is perfect. Only the color of the body is not realy the color you see on the website is far more purple loking.

- Construction: set neck - Scale: 24.75 - Body: mahogany w/flamed maple top - Neck/fretboard: 3-pc. mahogany/rosewood - Inlays: abalone flags w/name at 12th fret - Pickups: EMG-81 active set - Electronics: volume, tone, 3-way toggle - Hardware: black + sperzel locking tuners + Earvana compensated nut - Bridge: TonePros locking w/stop tailpiece - Binding: white w/abalone (neck, headstock) - Frets: 24 XJ - Colors: STBLK, STBC. I think everthing is perfect on this guitar but the color is to dark. On the website of ESP it's a lot lighter. I have the STBC and it looks purple.

Type56
    DeathByStereo23 wrote: confucius wrote: brutal and purple? You can list anything more sexy? i guess no...
    definitive NO!!!
    Anjohl
    I played the white Viper-1000 with the duncan 59's in it tonight for about 2 hours. It kicks ass. The build quality on the viper 1000's is superb. The store I was in was a smaller local store, and they still figured they could beat $1000 on the guitar...which is fantastic. I am all but sure I am buying a viper-1000 now...it's just a matter of deciding between the black one with emg's or the white one with the duncans....decisions decisions! Just to clarify, I have played the limited edition epiphone SG with EMG's, and the comparable ESP's I have played blow it out of the water.
    Got Metal?
    I Love My Opaque white Viper 1000 Deluxe the custome 5's (neck) and vintage 59' (bridge) pick ups are perfect from anything from Hendrix to Chili Peppers to shredding out your favorite Metallica solo. a definite must get for the diverse guitarist i fell in love with this guitar at the start. To be honest i was going to get the schecter Synyster Gates Custom but when i found out that The custom 5s are a better version of syns invaders and the vintage 59;s are EXACTLY what Zacky Vengaence uses this became an easy buy for me. And You Cant Go Wrong with the sleak off-white color and beatiful golden hardware. Its a very solid smooth play and i highly recommend it esecially because you can even get tone out of it without it plugged in :O
    ESPLtdEc-1000vb
    I have played this guitar and i absolutely love it. I currently own a ESP Ltd Ec-1000 Vintage black (which i love with all my heart.) I have played a Gibson SG, and by far this guitar here kicks its ass, whenever I bring up guitars i bring up ESP Ltds' great quality (great price too.) I plan on to making this guitar here my next guitar. plus you cannot beat the price, i'd buy this guitar over an SG any day. 975$ vs 3,500 to 4,500$ i'd chose the 975$ Viper which like i said kicks the SG's ass
    THRASH-METAL
    The ESP LTD Deluxe Series are some of the best guitars in thier price range. I have a ltd m-1000 deluxe in the snow white. It plays great and sounds amazing. ltd deluxes are the way to go for sure. haha, both reviewers play thier ltds through a line 6 spider...so do.
    enswinchester
    THRASH-METAL wrote: haha, both reviewers play thier ltds through a line 6 spider...so do.
    I when I wrote my review, I did, BUT now I play it through something else