LTD Viper-1000 Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-1000 Deluxe

Price paid: C$ 442.75

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

The Seymour Duncan Custom-5/59, used on a Line 6, Spider IV 75, sound amazing and even that's an understatement. They have a simply beautiful clean and when pumped full of gain, sound heavy as anything, making it the perfect guitar for pretty much anything Metal. I'm not entirely sure how it would sound with anything since I play only metal but when chords are played, they ring out clearly and when trying to pull off an epic pinch harmonic, you'll pretty much make it scream.

Over all, its epic. The guitar just screams metal and when you play metal on it, it lives up to all expectations for hard rhythm, or fast leads, this guitar won't let you down. The Seymour Duncans are just the greatest thing about this guitar, with how thin the neck is being the second. The rest of it, is all as good as everything else...awesome. I would change a few things though, very, VERY minor things, such as the colour. I would make it dark red or something rather than having it as a pure white with gold hardware, and I would change out the tuners for Grover Locking Tuners. But other than that, this guitar is easily the best one I have ever played so far. If I were to lose this guitar or have it stolen, I would cry probably more than I ever have before. As much as I would love to be able to get another, I wouldn't be able to, as I got this guitar for a rare price as it was.

I played with this guitar live yesterday and I was so impressed with the guitar, I used it without having a backup at hand. It sounded great on stage and not once did my strap come lose at all. I would use again without having a spare guitar around, knowing that this Viper wont let me down.

I don't know how well it was factory set, because it was used in the store. When I got it home, I set it up myself and had no problems doing it. I found that in one of the horns of the Viper, a bit of a bubble in the finish which surprised me a little since the rest of it was finished pretty much perfectly. I don't much like the stock tuners either, but the fact that they lock tightly and haven't come lose on me yet makes the fact they're stock seem very small. The placement of the slector Switch is very awkward though when playing, as you have to move your hand a little further than you should to Switch your pickups.

Set Mahogany Neck With Mahogany Body 24.75 Scale With 24 XJ Frets Ebony Finger Board Thin U Neck ESP Locking Tuners And a Tonepros locking TOM Bridge Equipped With Seymour Duncan Custom-5 (Neck) And Seymour Duncan 59 (Bridge) Has an Olympic White Finish