LTD Viper-100 FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-100 FM

I play a lot of heavy metal and '80s and '70s hard rock so humbuckers are best in that job. I use as my amp a 15 wat H&K blue edition amp. It's kinda noisy but not much, and it has very full sound and bright too. This is perfect for effects and sound making! You can depend on it! You can use it to play anything from Slipknot to Coldplay!

I have nothing else to say about this: it's great, you should buy it! Only thing in this could be better is the noise it makes specially when You use high lead. And if it would get stoled, I would buy maybe 200 serie guitar. I love the distortion and hate the difficulty of chancening of the strings. Really it's kinda hard to do it!

I have played it many times with this live and it never fails me, specially in cover songs like 'Opeth: Grand Conjuration' and Stratovarius: Maniac Dance'. It's distortion is awesome and you an trust this guitar. And yes, I think it will last long enough!

It had nothing when I bought it. Except that after 4 months its volume control dropped off bcause of its bolt but it was easy to get it back to it's place. And after 7 months its neck pickups bolt was too loose so I have to get it tight but otherwise it was in perfect shape.

Absolutely awesome, not-so-different-than-50-model, 24 fret 24/75" Scale guitar including ESP LH-100 humbuckers, this is sweet looking curvy guitar! It has Tone-O-Matic bride style, black hardware, maple neck, Active electronics and It has volume and tone controls/ 3-way toggle. I got a Case and a strap with it. Case is called Rockbag and it's made by Warwick. It has space for cables, notes, picks and for many more! Strap is by planet wawes, and it has good little tight pocket for a pick. Its body style is kinda same with Gibson's SG model, and it's finish is flamed top in top and agathis body. The best thing is, that it has xtra jumbo frets and it has thin bridge.

TTC
    Maybe english is not his native language? He ment changing, and he still has to get used to changing strings on a ToM.
    LoW
    and yeah sorry about the spelling the ****in letters and words right... i was so ****in drunk so i didn't really now what to write... least it came from the heart lol i don't have a one
    wmzbomgzors
    have you ever tried spellchecking your review? I don't know what it means to "get stoled", and I have no clue what chancening means. Also, it really isn't hard to change strings on Tune-O-Matic bridges.
    LoW
    Welsh Guitar wrote: I'd like to know how the review writer gigs with a 15 watt lol. nice guitar!
    I didn't use my ****in 15 w amp on stage... mutha****a do u think that i could use that? maybe in my room for 2 people but to 70 people lol
    Y00p
    To the guy above me, if the stopbar is a wrap-around it gets tedious, and eventhough the english in this article is very poor, it gets the message across and is still pretty obvious. Go nit-pick your nose.
    yarzo
    Yup, the guitar is Ok for the price, very playable. I swapped the pickups in mine to the Seymour Duncan Livewire Mustaine actives. Much better tone. This guitar now slays! \m/ \m/
    ben10tom
    I'm a beginner & i was wondering which is a better choice....the Viper 100FM or the EC 100QM??(:
    Spaztikko
    viper has double cutaways. i suggest it simply for that. less heavy and more accessible
    jeffo46
    To MQ1 3, If you buy a new one, there shouldn't be any fret buzz at all. As far as extra noise, I assume you mean feedback ? Any guitar will produce feedback if you have your amp loud enough and your guitar too close to the amp. This is why you should use either a noise gate or a effects processor that has one built into it, like a Digitech RP series or a Zoom .
    MQ1 3
    is there alot of fret buzz or extra noise from the strings?
    cobhc909094zach
    HAVE YOU EVER OPERATED ON A FLOYD ROSE THIS IS NOT TEDIOUS AT ALL, I DO ALL THE WORK ON ME AND MY FRIENDS GUITARS AND RESTRINGING A STOP BAR IS VERY EASY.
    The70FlyingV's
    vanhalen984 wrote: does this have a whammy bar, i cant tell if there is a spot for it. Also does it come in any colors besides black? -VH
    It does not have any room for a whammy bar but it comes in a dark red colour with red stripes. But I still love my black one
    SamuraiLP
    I have this guitar I dont know if it was shipping or the store but mine had the tune and volume nobs all ****ed up and mine has a dark black finish so you can see the flamed maple aurora loooking effect
    vanhalen984
    filthylittleboy
    vanhalen984 wrote: does this have a whammy bar, i cant tell if there is a spot for it. Also does it come in any colors besides black? nope, no tremolo, and it comes in that purply colour and black -VH
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    this guitar is good, but you REALLY need to change the pickups. i put custum gibson ceramic pickups on mine, and it sounds awesome.
    BozoKu
    Hi, I would like to buy this guitar (200$ price) but I don't want to pay 120$ for esp case.. for me it makes no sense to pay 1/2 of the guitar price for this cheep guitar. Is there any other guitar case that'll fit this one? THANKS
    Yeah... that's it DD orry if I were too agressive
    frontman54
    once i swapped the bridge pickup for an EMG-81, i couldn't be more satisfied for the price. $350 for guitar and EMG total. Played with original pickup for almost a year, and its decent, but i much prefer the 81.
    frontman54
    have one. holds up nice. very few problems with it. just customized mine abit though
    JakeM6381
    AILD, ask on the forums. Users first review, give him a break. Point was put across easily.
    dyllan93
    i'm gettin one of these next week and i can't wait for it. i played it at the store with a Marshall MG30FX and it sounded un-friggin-believable
    wallyyfm
    who cares, these a the crap ESPs anyway, you've got a bolt on, alder body, esp pickups...it's, crap