LTD Viper-100 FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-100 FM

I had to adjust the pickups so that they were even with the edge of the pickup rings. This way I could get a nice, clear tone and still have sustain at the same time. These stock LH-150 pickups are beasts to say the least, but I also think that the weight of the guitar has a lot to do with the sound of the guitar as well. This is one heavy axe. Which is very reminiscent of a Les Paul as far as the weight is concerned. The sound from this is actually quite good and is capable of handling Classic Rock, Metal, and even Blues. One awesome sounding guitar for sure!

I'm 53 years old and have been playing now for 40 years and in that time, I've played them all, Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez, Epiphone, etc. ESP has exceeded my expectations with this model. IMO, this blows away a lot of their current product as far as build and sound are concerned. I can't believe that I got this used and that brand new, these are only selling for $250.00. This is definitely a keeper and isn't going anywhere.

Everything on this, is rock solid and IMO, seems to be very durable. I've already have used this at a couple of gigs and have gotten compliments on it. I don't need a backup with this one around. I love this guitar, nuff said! Everything is great on this.

The only modification I had to do was to do a truss rod adjustment, that's it. Other than that, the intonation was spot on and the frets on this are perfect with no flaws at all. The transparent finsh is simply stunning while I'm also amazed at how great this guitar can stay in tune for days as well.

Not sure of the year, but it is a used made in China model. It has 24 Jumbo frets, with a Gibson style, thick neck and a I believe, Agathis body. The pickups are ESP LH-150 Humbuckers in both the neck and bridge positions with a 3 way pup switch and a tune-o-matic bridge. The finish is a transparent Black which looks absolutely stunning IMO. The tuners are stock ESP's and these hold tuning very well.