LTD Viper-200 FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-200 FM

Purchased from: Local Store

This guitar is suitable for all types of music. Jazz, blues, rock, metal you name it! I've played from Stevie Ray to Job For a Cowboy and felt comfortable all the way! Very bright but can turn into a nightmarish sounding guitar with the right distortion. Metalcore is defiantly a stand out genre for this guitar.

This is a tremondous improvement from my Ibanez starter guitar. If you want an upgrade and are ready to take a step up from beginner heres your guitar. I can't promise everyone will like the feel or body shape you just gotta find the special one but for me it's so comfortable and sleek. I am going to hold on to this guitar as long as I can!

I really feel that with proper care this guitar will be your trusty sidekick and can most likely not need a backup but always use a backup. The finish is great but in some spots seems a little thin but not enough to bother me at all. The strap buttons appear solid but kind of felt weird with the strap while standing up.

I have no complaints except the bridge seems a very very tiny bt off to a point where you wouldn't even notice. Does not effect me but maybe it could be more off on another guitar so keep it in the back of your mind when purchasing.

First off I bought this as my second guitar for an upgrade and I'm very pleased. Some features: Pickups: Comes with what I like to call "Black Box" Pickups. There are two and the sound they give is amazing clean or crunchy. I tried in various amps including the store's biggest Marshall and a crappy 10 watt at my home and the pickups respond so well. I don't feel the need to change them! Body: It's very sleek and dare I say sexy. The tiger stripish finish looks amazing exspecially in black. It's very smooth and sleek and the melted SG style body was easy for me to fall in love with. Very comfortable standing up or sitting down. Neck: Your hand glides very easily and the higher frets are easy to get too and your hand is comfortable anywhere. No complaints here. Overall it's such a easy gliding guitar. Extra features worth pointing out is their is just a pickup Switch, a volume nob and a tone nob. However it's a pull out coil nob for the tone which is a neat feature that I like using for quiet sections. Defiantly replace the strings though and go for a slightly heavier gauge. I suggest Super Slinky Hyrbrids from Ernie Ball. I use them and it allows me to Switch from drop d to Standard without bugging the E string to much. There is no whammy bar which I could care less for.