LTD Viper-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-400

Purchased from: Grandmas Music and Sound ( www.grandmas.com )

This guitar fits my style of music perfect. I mostley play metal and classic rock (Pink Floyd to Slayer). I have a DigiTech GNX1 gutiar processor wich I run through a 15w Crate and a 500w Home Stereo System. I have to say the EMG-81 actives sound great. I thought the EMG's were only for metal but they sound great for cleans to. Overall the Sound of the guitar is awsome!

ESP/Ltd guitars are very good quality gutiars. They are built to last a lifetime. I am very happy with this guitar and hope to keep it forever. I like all the features on it and the sound. I can't think of anything I wish it had. I orderd this guitar September 1, 2004 and got it December 21, 2004. I waited day by day for that phone call from my local music shop saying "your Viper-400 is in!" I finally got and was shocked that it finally arrived. It was well worth the wait! I would recomend this guitar to anyone who is looking for a great sound gutiar! Great price too!

This guitar has only one problem, the neck is a bit heavy. So when you play standing up it kinda falls the ground. But, It doesnt bother me at all. The hardware is built to last I think but the color might wear off after 5 or more years of playing it, just like all other black and gold hareware. The Finish will probley never wear off.

The guitar was set-up pretty good except for a couple things. One thing is that both pickups were loose, which isn't that big of a deal. The other problem is that there is a little fret buzz which is kinda easy to get used to. The finish I got is the Vintage Sunburst which is very nice looking. Nothing was wrong with the finish at all. The neck feels very good and wasn't very dirty when I got it. The Nut was set in perfect and the Tuners wern't loose either.

The ESP/Ltd Viper-400 is new to 2004. This guitar is made in Korea. It has a 24.75" three piece mahogany set-neck and a rosewood fretboard. Also it has 24XJ frets, flag Inlays and white binding on the neck and headstock. The body shape is just like the SG but the looks are way cooler. Mahogany body. It's got a Tune-O-Matic/Stop Piece bridge. It has got active EMG humbuckers on it (EMG 81/81). It's got a volume, tone, and a 3-way selector. It has grover tuners and an Ervava Compensated nut. I like all the features on it. ESP did a good job choosing them right. Here are ESP's specs for the Viper-400. - Construction: set neck - Scale: 24.75 - Body: mahogany - Neck/fretboard: 3-pc. mahogany/rosewood - Inlays: flags w/model name at 12th fret - Pickups: EMG-81 active set - Electronics: volume, tone, 3-way toggle - Hardware: Black + Earvana compensated nut & Grover tuners - Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/stop tailpiece - Binding: White (BLK, VSB, STBC) creme (OW), (neck, headstock) - Frets: 24 XJ.