LTD Viper-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-400

Purchased from: Boogie Music

I play a lot of thrash, metalcore and melodic death metal, this guitar has absolutely no trouble delivering the goods. The neck profile is fat and fits snug in my hand and the frets are very smooth. I have no problem using all 24 frets to their complete potential or grinding out a rhythm on the other end of the fretboard. I use it with no effects pedals or any of that just plugged straight into my Krank Revolution Series 1 Halfstack. The combination of the EMG pickups with a high-gain tube amp is a sound that I believe cannot be beat if you're wiling to dish out the money. No excessive amounts of noise for any high-gain rig but you have expect some level of noise. The one thing that can be argued about this guitar is that outside of the heavy metal/hard rock genre it is useless. Unless you're Ron Wood, I don't see why you would want to buy an ESP for anything else.

This guitar fits right at home with any hard rock or metal subgenre. I have been playing for six and have gone through my share of halfstacks and own 15 guitar, 4 of which are LTD. This is one of my all time favorite guitars next to the ESP EXP series and It would be my first to be replaced if stolen. The only thing I wish it would come with is Straplocks, but you really complain compared to the overall package.

This guitar has withstood many a pounding exteme metal gig. It has no problem keeping up with any guitar in the upper price ranges, and it is very dependable. It's taken it's share of paint and other materials off walls and still able to look presentable and not trashed. This guitar can definately stand the test of time.

The guitar was relatively flawless for a mass production instrument. I couldn't find any reason to bicker about the stock setup on the guitar but I always have a tendancy to fine tune it to my liking. From the factory is was very solidly built.

The features have pretty much been covered in the other reviews and seem to be completely accurate. As with the majority of mid to high end ESP/LTD guitars it comes with EMG active pickups. I bought mine in the the sunburst finish and it is much deeper then in any photograph, very beautiful.