LTD Viper-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-400

I play pretty much metal, sometimes I'll switch it up to blues, jazz, etc, and this guitar perfected each style. But defiantly best for metal. I played it on a Vox ad30 and Vox AD30VT. I own the AD30 so I wanted to play the guitar on a amp that I own so I know how it would sound at my house. The guitar and amp go together like Michael Jackson and little kids. Not a single bad thing about this guitar. No noise what so ever. The neck pickup is great for solos, two hand tapping, pick tapping, rhythm, pretty much everything?

I played this guitar 3 times, all on different days. The second time I played it I was so disappointed at the sound, it was horrible. Then later I found out it was because the batteries needed changed. The 3rd time I was blown away. Completely speechless. I read all the reviews I could on this and not a single bad one, besides some old guy on music123 who said he doesn't like the active pickups, but he's probably into Weezer and such. It was either this guitar, the Viper 407 (seven string) or the Viper 200, I've never played the 200 but I'm sure it can't be better then the 400. I just wish it came with a hardshell, I'd hate to drop a 600 dollar guitar.

Since you see this guitar in almost every metal music video, I'm sure it will withstand Live playing. The hardware is top notch. I wouldn't mind better tuners though (not saying the ones on it are bad) I never tried the strap buttons since I played it in the store, but since this is a 600 dollar guitar, I'd get strap locks for it No Doubt. Hopefully soon I'll start gigging, and I'll defiantly use this. I'll probably bring a back up just in case though. Never heard any complaints about the finish, don't think I ever will.

Right off the stand, it played great, just needed tuned due to the guitar noobs at the store Who try to "tune" the guitar when it's already in tune. Anyway, it played wonderful and sounded great. When I first picked it up, I wasn't expecting it to be so light. It looks so nice. The pickups were adjusted just right. The bridge a bit higher then the neck, just how I like it. Nothing was loose on it. There really isn't much to complain about here.

I don't know when or where it was made, but Who ever made it did a amazing job. It has a HardTail (Viper 500 has string thru) active emg 81 bridge and 85 neck. I played it in satin black and gloss black, but I'm buying it in white. Looks good in any color though. Probably even dookie brown.