LTD Viper-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-50

Purchased from: bajaao.com

I play all kinds of music. This particularly seemed right for metal. The pickups are wonderful giving it a good tone. I use it with a Marshall amp and Boss gt8. Also with the Zoom g2.1u. The clean sound is warm just like any other ESP. Totally love it! Its not noisy.

Although it has an awesome sound, this is not a shred guitar! I haven't been able to shred as easily on this as on the Ibanez 350 or the lp. This is good for playing those heavy metal riffs and seems easier for that. I just wish it had a tremolo bar. If it were lost/stolen, I'd probably buy the ESP ec50! If you want to buy a guitar to play those metal riffs, buy it for its amazing sound. If you just want to shred or if you want to try fingerstyle, there are better guitars!

This guitar has lasted a lot of shows already and..and I never use a backup! I'm not planning on replacing it. This has lasted two years and seems like it will last much longer. There is not a single scratch on it..may be its because of the way I have maintained it!

The guitar came home in a wonderful state. The action was just right. The tuning was perfect. I just had to plug it in and play. But the neck pickup seemed a little low for me. I had to raise it. But besides that I didn't have any problem. But after a few months the volume knob loosened. I still have a problem with that. It can be repaired anytime though!

This one has a maple neck, rosewood fretboard, basswood body..just like most of the ESP guitars. 24 jumbo frets. This came with a wonderful bag that has lasted over 2 years just like the guitar. The ESP LH 150 pickups give it a nice strong sound. The viper shape looks killer!