LTD Viper-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Viper-50

I play mostly Punk, Blues, Rock, and Metal, and this is definitly the guitar for these genres. I use it through a Roland MicroCube, Tascam MP-GT1, and Fender Rumble-15, and A Fender BP-15. the microcube and (especially) the Tascam have a broad arrangment of tones. There is a wide variety of tones this guitar can produce, although there is a very rich sound quality from this particular guitar. Overall, no problems.

This is a great guitar for any style player. If this guitar was stole or lost I would definitly buy another one like it and if I can't find one, would definitly choose another ESP over any other guitar of that price. I have played for about 6 years now, and this is certainly my favorite in my collection. My other choices for when I bought this were either an Ibanez 7-string, or a Vox 30 watt -- and I definitly do not rue the day. it certainly beats my Fender Strat any day of the week!

It has not yet been played Live, although, it seems durable enough. The strap buttons are quite possibly the best I have used yet, durable and will hold for long. would play fine at a gig without a backup. although, the day after I had bought this, half of the strings broke -- probably of use.

The finish and construction is so close to perfection. Couldn't find any flaw with it what'soever. Other than the finish, black, which needs through cleaning, the pickups are fine, and the volume knob... could be better. Other than that, the guitar is great.

24 frets, Bolt-on neck, Rosewood fingerboard, rest of neck is maple, Agathis body, Black finish, SG-style double cutaway, but kind of tilted to one side like the other Viper models, Tune-O-Matic bridge, One tone, one volume, three-way toggle, Two ESP LH-100 humbuckers, Nothing was included. Only problem was the black finish-it will always need cleaning.