LTD WA-200 BC review by ESP

ESP: LTD WA-200 BC

Price paid: € 436

Purchased from: Internet

I play metal, such as Lamb of God(this guitar is actually Willie Adler's signature model reproduction), Metallica and similars, but also hard rock alter bridge style. This guitar has a really deep and powerful sound, perfect for metal, even better if you play lamb of god songs obviously. I don't want to say "yeah if you buy it you'll have Willie Adler's sound" but it gets closer to it than many other guitars I've played. I play it through a Peavey Envoy 110 40w amp, using amp distortion only at the time, and it sounds just amazing! High notes are really sharp and you can hear them perfectly, not fading after 1 second or scratchy. The EMG LH-150 pickups are not that bad, but maybe you'll have to change them if you want an even more cool sound. It almost never gest noisy, you can play it through a pedal (crybaby for example) and its not noisy at all. It has a powerful rich sound on low notes, really metal-ish, though as I said the high notes are very bright. The clean tone is not bad at all either, very bright and full. So I guess this guitar is made for metal but it's a perfect choice also for hard rock kind of music.

Perfect guitar for thrash, groove, any kind of metal! It's 6 years now I'm playing and I own 3 more guitars, one Epiphone sg, bought as my beginning guitar, and an ESP LTD MH-401QM. I'm very happy to have bought this guitar and I don't regret it at all! I would definitely buy it again if lost or stolen. Great finish, amazing sound, very fast fingerboard...really an awesome product! I recommend it to every metalhead!

I play live gigs in bars or clubs and it's outstanding! The sound will not disappoint you at all, also in pretty big rooms. I also use this guitar during reharsal and at home and it sounds cool and metal and aggressive as hell! The hardware is very solid, as almost all LTD guitars, no problems at all. As I said it's perfect for gigs, even without backup.

The action, when I unwrapped it, was pretty good, a little too high for me, but still easily playable by anyone and of course you can fix it if you want. There was no specific problem on the factory set up, maybe regular factory strings that anyone would change. Everything was ok, really set to play immediately after opening it, as I did. One thing about the body: the finish is freaking AMAZING! Mine is black camo-military style, but I think that there is actually a regular camo finish also.

Made in China, I guess in 2009. 22 XJ Frets, 24, 75'' scale, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard, Black Camo finish, les paul-style body, TOM bridge and tailpiece. ESP LH-150 bridge and neck pickups, volume control, pickup controls, 3-way selector. ESP tuners. Not heavy actually and a pretty balanced body. Very fast fingerboard, easy to slide on. The frets are a little larger than other guitars, so you could have to stretch your fingers just a little bit more, but you get used to it really fast.

OMGWTFBBQ?
    fathooker
    obviously less than 9 or 10. hope you start to realize gibson isnt on the top anymore. they always chuck out the same stale stuff and with shotty results. newer brands with growing popularity have higher reliability and more variety. if i was given a gibson les paul custpm, id sell it for another schecter
    xl999
    celticstorm84
    Numerical ratings are relative to the instrument, what was paid for it, and is subjective. It's the reviewers interpretation of what it should receive as a score. A sensible person likely would not compare this to a Les Paul Custom. That's called common sense. I don't think for the reviewer so how can I knock them for their personal rating? I think that's common sense too...
    TylerHerod
    We need more people like celticstorm84 on this site. You know, people with uhh, common sense.
    ProgJazzMath
    xl999 wrote: "This guitar has a really deep and powerful sound, perfect for metal, even better if you play lamb of god songs obviously" yeah, real obvious. i've had it with these ridiculous reviews man.
    That just gave me the greatest chuckle ever man haha.
    DurpaDurpa
    OMGWTFBBQ? wrote: Great how all these reviewers praise their own guitar. Come on people, if this guitar only has 9's and 10's, what would a Gibson Les Paul Custom get?
    As much as i completely agree, what can we expect, noone wants to buy an instrument that is a 6 out of 10 in their eyes (and if it is poor, it's normally because it's cheap). I'm not a Les Paul fan, but i understand giving it the same rating as some of these guitars just doesn't do it justice.
    fathooker
    you also need to take price into account for this stuff. buy a $1200 gibson that you were disappointed in you wont rate it as high as you would a $500 that exceeded all expectations. source? my buddy got himself a $1200 les paul and didnt like it (neither did i) and i got a $500 schecter and i loved it (so did he). the number rating is about the players overall satisfaction. if you want it to be about the specific specs, look at the specs and know your brands
    Mahabajaba
    +1 The review should ALWAYS be relative to the price. Just think of car reviews, they don't go around giving bad reviews to small cars because they're not Aston Martins. Always review within a class, not out of every single guitar in existence.
    Legion(Viktis)
    OMGWTFBBQ? : Great how all these reviewers praise their own guitar. Come on people, if this guitar only has 9's and 10's, what would a Gibson Les Paul Custom get?
    Les Pauls are overrated as well as overpriced.
    frax21
    hey when I will own or play all the guitars in the world I will do a giant and perfect review of all of them ok? So you will be happy! You want me to write that the guitar I bought sucks? Then write your own review! I am not a guitar master knowing all the guitar models in the world, I'm just writing my own review. So if you don't like it, just don't ****in consider it! Man I'm trying to help people the wants to figure out how this guitar is, I'm not writing "Guitars 101"!