LTD WA-600 review by ESP

ESP: LTD WA-600

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Aside from this beauty, I own a Les Paul Standard, a Fender Strat american, and an ESP Eclipse... This guitar is easily one of my favorites. I don't bother with the Strat (music style drifted through the years) but I do play the others and this guitar easily compares and surpasses the others in some aspects. It's f--king metal. Hands down. Reconsider buying it if you don't play metal, maybe reconsider playing guitar if you don't play metal (just kidding.) The sound is amazing - thick, controlled, responsive and just f--king brain melting. I hate "artist models" because their usually selling a name ("hey if you like Lamb Of God, buy this guitar and you'll sound just like Will!") but I saw this guitar when I was buying my eclipse and tried it out - I was just amazed. It's a simple guitar with features common for that kind of music, and I was still skeptical about the fact it wasn't an "ESP" model but for the price, you get a hell of a lot of quality. Pinch harmonics to devastating triplets ring with surgical Precision and destructive acoustics (if you can do them that is)... it's just perfect for that kind of music. The lead pickup is rich and responsive, allowing you to pull off an amazing range of tone and sound. It's really impressive, and there's always an occasional asshole to say it "doesnt't make me Will!!," but your best bet is to pick one up. ESP is my favorite guitar company for a reason, because their number one in quality and sound, this guitar proves it.

It's perfect for metal. Hands down one of the nicest guitars I've laid hands on... it broke the mold for me being an artist model and an ltd, but sound and quality can't be argued with and if your looking for a solid metal monster do yourself a favor and try this one out... it'll be hard to put down.

It's an ESP - this guitar lives up to the name. If that's not enough, I got this through the mail in Fallujah, Iraq... withstands the abuse and shit air in this hellhole, of course I'm usually meticulous about caring for my instruments as well... it didn't come with a case(probably to cut cost) but I'd recommend buying one to help make it last as long as your breathing.

Factory set up is usually far from reliable... fortunately I got a lucky one and didn't need to touch the set up when I got it.

The guitar I bought came with Sperzel locking tuners, tonepros locking bridge, and semour duncan passive pickups.