LTD Xtone PC-1V review by ESP

ESP: LTD Xtone PC-1V

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

The sound is great! It is mainly intended as a jazz-ish guitar. When you play through an amp thats not a spider 3 75 watt (which is what I have) it sounds amazing. For what I play, Ska-core this guitar is amazing. Fat lows, smooth mids, and tasteful highs. I have had this guitar for almost a year now, and I compare every guitar's sound to this one. I love it.

I love it, and play it everyday. It is my favorite guitar, and wish more people knew about it. Its great for all types of music, and especially for the ska I play. I've been playing almost everyday for 2 and a half years, it may seem skeptical but I know my stuff. if I had the money, and It was stolen, I would instantly replace it.

It is a durable guitar, I have hit it a few times unfortunately, and the finish is still flawless. The guitar is really reliable, and is just a great all around guitar. I haven't had any problems cosmetically or electrically, and this guitar is played everyday.

Its action out of the box was nice, it had heavier gauge strings then the Strat I played on, but I adjusted, and prefer it. The finish is STILL flawless, White Body with Gold hardware. Only flaws I noticed, were a few loose screws, (mainly the pick guard, and the jack casing) and the G string goes out of tune with large bends and tremolo picking, but for every guitar I play on thats about the same.

So I got this for my Birthday in March 2009, it arrived in June however. Anyways it was probably made late 2008 early 2009, but I have no idea where. 22 frets, Rosewood body, tune-o-matic bridge with a Bigsby tailpiece, Grover tuners, Semi Hollowbody, Seymour Duncan alNico 2 pro pickups:)

Emergancy Exit
    thanks for waiting till you have owned the guitar for a very long time before the review! it helps knowing the perspective of a long time owner instead of someone who just bought it and still thinks its the greatest thing sense sliced bread. the fact that other guitars you play on have hard times comparing to this one says it all that this guitar is a solid buy!
    RockurSocks132
    dementiacaptain wrote: doive wrote: If you've had it for a year, how can you have played it everyday for two and half years? he has been playing everyday for two years. thats what he said, not that he had been playing the guitar everyday for two and a half years. i know you are so ready to be critical, but at least do it in the right places
    check and mate also i love the look of this guitar looks retro and modern at the same time
    dementiacaptain
    ThermalPepper
    onejamminfool : Why wouldnt he play it everyday, he says he loves it. I have a shitty acoustic next to my bed and there isnt a day that goes by that I dont pick it up at least once. Even if it's for a quick riff or two.
    I've been there. I've done that. Hell, I'm still there, and I'm still doing it xD
    equinox32393
    One small thing I'd like to clear up is when I bought it, I had one of the original runs that Printed on the back of the headstock ESP, the newer versions have LTD printed on them, so I consider it an ESP.
    Jacksabbath_44
    Harrisfun wrote: ska-core is a genre?....
    emm... dude before all the shity ****core bands there was other type of hardcore influenced genres an example of a skacore band could be early no doubt, but i'm not that into ska so some other guys could write some bands here...
    r0ckth3d34n
    It's not really an ESP, though. It's a Korean made Xtone BY ESP. I've always wanted to get my hands on one of those, though, great review!
    EpiExplorer
    Props, first honest remark in a guitar review. I have tried this once (for the lulz) and it doesnt sound half bad for Sabbath stuff XD
    onejamminfool
    KimAvlastenok
    lol. Nice review though.. But! what does
    tasteful highs
    means?
    doive
    bugger - my bad - misread it - you;ve been playing 2.5 years you've not had it 2.5 years...
    doive
    ketchil52
    This is the first guitar I have owned that has a Bigsby and I really didn't know what a pain in the butt it is to string it, so I would say that I wished I had asked about that.
    Here's a tip I have used for years - If you use small long nose pliers to bend round the ball end you'll find the ball stays attached to the pin while you wind up the tuning peg. There's also a gadget out called a "Vibramate" that attaches to the pins and you can load the strings in like a hardtail bridge. Hope that helps.