LTD Xtone PC-2V review by ESP

ESP: LTD Xtone PC-2V

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

My style is all over the place, but mostly revolves around Indie, punk, and post-rock. This guitar covers all those bases and then some. A friend of mine busts out metal riffs on it all the time, and, it sounds even better than anything his setup (which is far more expensive than mine) can put out. Its tone basically sounds however you want it to sound. I've never had a problem with getting the right sound out of it through my little Crate FXT65, although I also often run it through an MXR Distortion + pedal as a matter of personal preference.

Personally, I wish this guitar had at least 22 frets. I would never use them, but it would be nice if they were there. Really, I'm just looking for a reason to rate this down a bit (so I don't look too excited about this guitar) and have to be nitpicky. But let's face it, for this price, you're not really going to find anything better. When I was deciding on a guitar, it was between this and one of the lower-end Gibson Les Pauls. I ended up going with this one, and I'm really glad I did, after playing around with a friend's Les Paul for a while. This one, to me, just has a more comfortable feel, plus the Bigsby, which I use a lot. Comparing the two, there's no contest; this is the better guitar, easily.

Built like a rock. That's all there is to it. I don't think I'll ever need another guitar again.

This guitar played perfectly out of the box (and in fact, aside from the strings, and having been in and out of various alternate tunings, it's still set up the same way it was when I got it). It has great action (it's perfect for finger-tapping). The neck plays nice and smoothly. It stays in tune pretty well without any sort of locks. It's very well put together, and you can tell by looking at it alone.

The first thing you'll notice about this guitar is how nice it looks. This guitar is pure class. You'll love it for that alone. The Bigsby is a nice touch, and on top of all that, it's equipped with Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and Jazz (neck) pickups with a 3-way Switch. Metal guitarists might not dig that there are only 21 frets, though, and, of course, being a semi-hollow, it's pretty heavy, so I'd recommend having a strong neck before trying to pick this one up.

MaAal_MaAan
    nice review, just one thing tho, prolly not ur fault. Y iz there a pic of a PC-2, the PC-2V has the vibrato bridge, not the tune-o-matic. Nivce review tho, i really want the PC-1V, i like the Brown Sunburst colour, lol.
    ToBeAGooner
    Ive got the PC-1V. I will write a review on it a bit later, but it is a great guitar, only a few minor issues.
    IbanezRg270
    Thanks a bunch for the review. Im strongly thinking about purchasing this guitar as my RG is starting to age and loosing its tone. Im surprised at the low price of this guitar (around $1400 Australian) for the amount of quality materials that are used i.e Mahogany body, rosewood fretboard, the beautiful Seymore Duncan Jazz pickups gold hardware AND an bigsbe Vibrato! Ontop of all those features the thing just looks drop dead gorgeous. Almost too good to be true..
    Jimbo1990
    CLaSH88 wrote: so it is by esp but has x tone written on it?
    X-Tone is ESP's semi-acoustic line of guitars.
    Anjohl
    is the PC-1v 'Archtop' as well? Is the PS-1 Archtop? does anyone know?
    maximus69er
    how is the jazz sound on this guitar? and what is its general sound. there was not alot of discription on that.
    dizahab
    i plan on getting this guitar, thanks for the review, also does anyone have any comments about it that didn't agree with the review in any way?