LTD Xtone PC-2V Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: LTD Xtone PC-2V
The Xtone PC-2V is a double-cutaway, semi-hollow, archtop instrument with an awesome flamed maple top, a classy Bigsby vibrato and a great retro/modern look.
 8.9
 9.6
 8.2
 2,415
reviews (2) pictures (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
LTD Xtone PC-2V Reviewed by: xsoupx, on november 15, 2012

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: The first thing you'll notice about this guitar is how nice it looks. This guitar is pure class. You'll love it for that alone. The Bigsby is a nice touch, and on top of all that, it's equipped with Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and Jazz (neck) pickups with a 3-way Switch. Metal guitarists might not dig that there are only 21 frets, though, and, of course, being a semi-hollow, it's pretty heavy, so I'd recommend having a strong neck before trying to pick this one up. // 9

Sound: My style is all over the place, but mostly revolves around Indie, punk, and post-rock. This guitar covers all those bases and then some. A friend of mine busts out metal riffs on it all the time, and, it sounds even better than anything his setup (which is far more expensive than mine) can put out. Its tone basically sounds however you want it to sound. I've never had a problem with getting the right sound out of it through my little Crate FXT65, although I also often run it through an MXR Distortion + pedal as a matter of personal preference. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar played perfectly out of the box (and in fact, aside from the strings, and having been in and out of various alternate tunings, it's still set up the same way it was when I got it). It has great action (it's perfect for finger-tapping). The neck plays nice and smoothly. It stays in tune pretty well without any sort of locks. It's very well put together, and you can tell by looking at it alone. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built like a rock. That's all there is to it. I don't think I'll ever need another guitar again. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally, I wish this guitar had at least 22 frets. I would never use them, but it would be nice if they were there. Really, I'm just looking for a reason to rate this down a bit (so I don't look too excited about this guitar) and have to be nitpicky. But let's face it, for this price, you're not really going to find anything better. When I was deciding on a guitar, it was between this and one of the lower-end Gibson Les Pauls. I ended up going with this one, and I'm really glad I did, after playing around with a friend's Les Paul for a while. This one, to me, just has a more comfortable feel, plus the Bigsby, which I use a lot. Comparing the two, there's no contest; this is the better guitar, easily. // 9

Comments