M-II review by ESP

ESP: M-II

Purchased from: Friend

Well I play metal, mostly death metal, but usually play bands Decapitated, Death, Deicide, Children Of Bodom and vital Remains and stuff. I'm using it with a PODxt Live at the moment which it sounds fantastic through, but gives it a pretty digital feel. I also got some EMG's put in in order to give that extra punch.

Definitely suits me, been playing only around 2 years. One thing I noticed when I got the guitar was how bad every other guitar I have ever played was, never again buying a low end guitar just a total waste of money. I was so impressed when I first picked up and played it, some smooth and precise, everything I wanted to play played so well. Just everything about it I like so much! Don't know what I'd do it it got stolen though because I got such a great deal, prob have to save for a very long time for a new one!

I ain't played with it Live yet but it would definitely hold up when playing live as I can be pretty reckless at times around the house, bumping it into things etc. and it ain't got a mark on it. The hardware is all sturdy and properly fitted and should last a long time. The paint on the Floyd should also protect it from rusting. The strap buttons were regular strap buttons unfortunately but were screwed in nice and securely and when I play with a strap nothing slips off or anything were as some of my old guitars did. Definitely a dependable guitar, currently my only guitar since I sold my others.

I got the guitar shipped from America which took 4 weeks and by the time it arrived it was still perfectly in tune, set up for Standard C tuning (so for the comments below yes it can take this tune) and have been using this tunning since. There were no flaws within this area, ESP surely know how to impress someone with first impressions. Even my low end ESP was very well prepared.

Bhaaa
    Bought mine a couple of months ago. Same here, I could not believe a guitar could differ so much from another. It is insane. The feeling of it is just awesome. Never played with active pickups before, but it is all good. The floyd rose is just great for tuning and fine tuning. Never again I will go back to a non floyd guitar.