MMV-08FD review by ESP

ESP: MMV-08FD

Price paid: € 629

Purchased from: Raahen Musiikki

Suits my style pretty much perfect. I play mostly metal, Trivium, Bullet, Pantera and COB. The guitar is meant for metal. You can get a pretty nice clean sound from it, but if you're looking for a guitar with great clean sound, this guitar is not for you. The thing is pretty noisy. I'm running it trough Microcube and RP350 pedal. It has a nice heavy sound in it. There is only one pickup, so it may limit your playing style. I don't personally use neck pickup much, but two is always better.

This is a nice guitar. Suits for me perfectly. I've been playing about 2 1/2 years and this is the best guitar I've had so far.The only thing that annoys me is the floyd. If this guitar would be stolen, I would propably hunt the bitch down, make him/her regret that he/she stole it and take my guitar back. The guitar has lasted til' now, so I think it's going to last as atleast ten years. I wouldn't use it without a backup, because anything happen. If you're looking for a nice v-guitar with 700 euros, I would recommend this.

The guitar is great. Only problem is the Floyd. It's ESP licence so it ain't perfect, but it'll hold your tuning pretty nicely, if you set-up it right. Strap locks seem solid enough. The locking nuts are made of cheap material, the strings have left their mark on them. It's kind of a disappointing. I was able to break the neck(the guitar fell off from a chair.) But I got it fixed by a guitar expert. No guitar could probably last if it would fall as badly as my guitar.

Guitar was set-up perfectly when I got it. I didn't notice any flaws. The tuning was set-up perfectly. Pickups were adjusted nicely. I have no thing to complain in this section. Guitar should always come set up like this. Of course this was bought from the local music shop, so the factory set-up was propably f--ked up.

Const./Scale: Set-Neck / 25.5" Body: Basswood Neck/FB: Maple / Rosewood Nut-Type/Width: FR Locking / 42mm Neck-Shape: Thin U Inlays: Sawtooth Frets: 24 XJ Hardware: Black Nickel Tuners: ESP-LTD Bridge/Tailpiece: Floyd Rose Licensed Pickups: Seymour Duncan Blackout Active Electronics: Vol Colors: W-BLKB Made in China(Unfortunately)

GuitarManiac110
    Damn,sorry
    Gulli05
    GuitarManiac110 wrote: isaacmiranda7 wrote: This isn't an ESP. Next time remember to add the LTD to the name Its a bit misleading. Damn,sorry
    Contact someone who can move the review maybe? Btw, any ESP (As in ESP Standard or Custom, Edwards guitar) is made in Japan. LTDs are made in Korea, China and alike.
    Metalfan41
    GuitarManiac110
    Metalfan41 wrote: Isn't this just the european version of the AL series? Or did they try to separate it from Alexi?
    This model is only availevable in Finland. Its kind of a copy of Alexi series. Quality is between Alexi 200 and Alexi 600.
    The^Unforgiven
    Anyone who's giving lip about something like this should know it's an LTD just by reading the model name, and therefore not be bothered by it
    supersac
    wait the neck broke when you dropped it from a chair...and it got a 7 my ibanez falls all the time(i should get a stand for it)and it barely gets a scratch on it
    mydian
    my ibanez fell and it got a small dent in the neck and that was it. strap got tripped over and it went flying off the stand and hit a chair leg hard! if this guitars neck broke that easy it deserves a 1 or 2 at best.
    slipknotnskullz
    Guys I have this guitar and I can say it is the best guitar I have owned! It is an insanely great guitar, and its pretty weird that it broke for the guy, cuz I've got it hit REALLY hard and so far it only has one tiny dent on the neck. Btw the pick-up, SD Blackout, is freaking AWESOME!
    RockOnIt
    not being funny but most guitars can with stand a fall from a chair.. sounds like its been held together with glue -.- looks kinda cool though