Traditional review by ESP

ESP: Traditional

Purchased from: Pawn shop

I have other guitars to make some heavy thing, and use this one to classic rock, is a pleasure to play, totally Strat alike, a little bit brighter sound than the Fender thing, very versatile, I play him trough a Boss compressor and overdrive or straight to the amp. Every combination of PU have Strat sound. Very low noise for single coils. Sounds great.

I own a Yamaha 112 (was my first guitar and is totally modified), other Yamaha Pacifica Tele-like, and a LTD Viper-301, Boss and Electro-Harmonix stompboxes, and a little Fender practice amp. I love this ESP, and for the money was my better deal. If I lost or were stolen, I really miss her, can't replace because is not available in guitar shops anymore, but I try to find some new ESP Strat without doubt. I love the classic sound and easy to play. I don't hate nothing about this, but replace the tuners and the strap buttons can be a good idea. Sorry for my bad English, I usually speak Spanish.

The finish is really good, the strap buttons are solid but a little small, I will replace this for Dunlop straplocks some day. I don't play live but If I did, I can trust in this guitar. The tuners work fine but are ESP, standard tuners, replace this could be a nice modification.

I bought this in a pawn shop, found her in the back of the hall, totally cover of dirt, I think the seller know nothing about guitars. I don't know the factory setting, but 18 years later, in bad condition of storage, only need a heavy cleaning, new strings and calibration. The paint (surf green) only have some little scratches( probably made in the pawn shop) otherwise was perfect.

I get this one used, but in nearly original condition. Made in 1993, this ESP Traditional was made in Japan, has 22 frets, a not so thin neck, maple with rosewood fretboard. Strat style body, classic tremolo bridge, passive electronic, SSS configuration, 5 position Pickup selector, 1 volume, 2 tones, all ESP made, even tuners.

JBailey23
    Megdidar
    I love these older ESP strat style guitars. Awesome that in the past couple years they've started to bring them back with the vintage plus series and the LTD ST series. I just wish they would ditch the distressed finishes on them.
    Sordito
    sewoo55 wrote: An ESP going for $125?
    Yes. The seller clearly knew nothing about guitars and I did not think to explain, pay and left there really happy. He must think, "that old and dirty guitar just takes up space in my local". So much lucky for me!
    Sordito
    JBailey23 wrote: I rarely ever see these strat-style models in guitar stores...mainly because when people want ESP they want the eclipse, viper, or an artist model. Wouldn't mind playing one of these though for the fun of it.
    ESP users usually want a metal-look in a guitar, but this strat was a nice surprise, if you travel near to Montevideo,Uruguay, I can give you mines to play a while. Cheers! (sorry for my bad english).