Traditional Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

ESP: Traditional
ESP Traditional has 22 frets, a not so thin neck, maple with rosewood fretboard. I love this ESP, and for the money was my better deal.
 8.4
 8.2
 8.5
 3,124
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Traditional Reviewed by: Sordito, on november 16, 2012

Purchased from: Pawn shop

Features: I get this one used, but in nearly original condition. Made in 1993, this ESP Traditional was made in Japan, has 22 frets, a not so thin neck, maple with rosewood fretboard. Strat style body, classic tremolo bridge, passive electronic, SSS configuration, 5 position Pickup selector, 1 volume, 2 tones, all ESP made, even tuners. // 8

Sound: I have other guitars to make some heavy thing, and use this one to classic rock, is a pleasure to play, totally Strat alike, a little bit brighter sound than the Fender thing, very versatile, I play him trough a Boss compressor and overdrive or straight to the amp. Every combination of PU have Strat sound. Very low noise for single coils. Sounds great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this in a pawn shop, found her in the back of the hall, totally cover of dirt, I think the seller know nothing about guitars. I don't know the factory setting, but 18 years later, in bad condition of storage, only need a heavy cleaning, new strings and calibration. The paint (surf green) only have some little scratches( probably made in the pawn shop) otherwise was perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish is really good, the strap buttons are solid but a little small, I will replace this for Dunlop straplocks some day. I don't play live but If I did, I can trust in this guitar. The tuners work fine but are ESP, standard tuners, replace this could be a nice modification. // 8

Overall Impression: I own a Yamaha 112 (was my first guitar and is totally modified), other Yamaha Pacifica Tele-like, and a LTD Viper-301, Boss and Electro-Harmonix stompboxes, and a little Fender practice amp. I love this ESP, and for the money was my better deal. If I lost or were stolen, I really miss her, can't replace because is not available in guitar shops anymore, but I try to find some new ESP Strat without doubt. I love the classic sound and easy to play. I don't hate nothing about this, but replace the tuners and the strap buttons can be a good idea. Sorry for my bad English, I usually speak Spanish. // 8

Comments