Viper Standard review by ESP

ESP: Viper Standard

Price paid: A$ 1800

Purchased from: a shop

With the active EMG pickups you have total controll over tone. You can do jazz, blues, country, rock and metal by simply adjusting the tone or volume controll on this guitar. I play it through a Mesa Boogie studio22+ and the EMG pickups heat the tubes to melting point, particularly when playing metal \m/

I love to play metal which is what this guitar was built for however I use it in my cover band as well and I have never owned such a versetile guitar. I've been playing for 22 years and have owned BC Rich and Jackson guitars that whole time. The ESP Viper is now my workhorse and I believe it will ahndle anything I throw at it. I gig every weekend, teach guitar on it every weekday and rehearse two weekdays every week. If there was one thing I wish it had, it would be a sturdier hard case but having said that, the one it came with has kept it safe so far.

I have total Faith in this guitar at my gigs, I only have a backup in case I snap a string, I did change the strap buttons to locking ones but I do that on all my guitars. I sweat alot when I play and so far the hardware and paint seems to be handeling my toxic ooze pretty well. I have been playing this guitar for 2 years now so this should tell you something of its reliability.

This guitar was set up very well, nice low action, perfectly balanced and finished product. The highligh for me is the Finish on this guitar, the satin camo finish looks unbelievable and it feels like no other guitar that I have ever held. It is so smooth. All the hardware and construction feels as solid as it looks. There are no negatives at all.

The ESP Viper, wow! What a guitar. Made with perfection in Japan by master guitar builders. 24 jumbo frets begging to be played on a set neck so smooth and thin that you'll think you are caressing a supermodel. The neck is mahogany and fret board is ebony, the length is 24.75" and it has Dot inlays with ESP logo on the 12th fret. Sperzel locking machine heads ensure easy restring and tuning. EMG 81/85 pickup combo and a three way toggle switch, need I say anymore. Gotho tune-o-matic bridge. Satin camo finish that will stimulate your eyes and fingers, it feels unbelievable. Hard case included.