Beginner Electric review by Excel

• Reviewer's score: 3.4 Poor
  • Users' score: 3 (1 vote)
Excel: Beginner Electric

Purchased from: Friend

This was my first guitar and I didn't have a real true music style then, but now I play lots of rock/punk stuff and this guitar did not meet any expectations very well. I used this with a Kustom KGA 10 Amp, but I have yet to use it with my Fender Mustang I. This guitar is nothing but noise even when its not being played but plugged in. My noise gate took care of it but then it went out and it was back to the noise again. It has a real very bright sound that became annoying. This guitar can do clean tones fairly well, but I don't think it can handle rock.

I play rock/alt/punk stuff and this doesn't cut it very well. I've played for 10 months now and have a Epiphone Les Paul Special II and a Fender Mustang I. If it were lost or stolen, I probably let it happen. I don't like much or anything about it.

I believe that this guitar would disintegrate upon arriving at a show and after the first show. I barely managed to use it when I played it in practice. I can't depend on this guitar to survive for very much longer. This guitar would probably be the backup to the backup of my main guitar. The finish will probably last longer than the wood will.

Everything was well adjusted as best my friend and the guitar would allow. The pickups were finely placed (still didn't help quality), It had a noisy pickup selector and very loose tuning pegs.

This guitar was made in China, it has 22 frets with the neck being rosewood I believe. I'm not sure what the body is made of, but for the price I got it for, its probably plywood. A black gloss finish with a white pick guard. A Strat style guitar, with a string thru Fender style bridge. Passive single coils are on the guitar. A volume and two tone switches and a 5 - Way selector switch. Inline tuners, I don't know the brand. It came with an amp, case, a few picks, and a strap.