Beginner Electric review by Excel

• Users' score: 3 (1 vote)
Excel: Beginner Electric

Purchased from: flea market

I play hard rock and alternative, it sounded very good for my style, for others, it may not. I used a Kustom mini amp with a super chorus and super overdrive. The only thing is that it make a squealy noise if I tuen the gain or the voice up on the amp. The sound it clean is very bright and full, you can get some very good heavy sounds from it, and some very good bluesy sound from it.

For style of music I play. Its a pretty good match. I have a First Act 222. It will probably last longer than the Excel to be honest. I don't think I have any questions I would ask. If it was someone elses. I would look for another guitar. I love that it has a bright sound to it, I hate that I can't use to much distortion, my favorite feature is the whammy bar, very fun. I wish it a t.o.m. bridge. My overall impression is that its a good guitar to jam and practice with, but if your going on tour with a band, you might want to pick up a different guitar.

I think it will, the hardware will probably lat you a while, the strap buttons are very solid, I don't know if it would last with out a backup, the finish is very well done, and it doesn't wear of very easy. The over all durabillity isn't very high.

The action is high, but it suits me well, the pickups are good, but sometimes it your don't play it for a long time, dust can get in side the guitar, if it does, vacuum it out with a shot vac, it woked for me. The bride was placed right, the only problem I had is it came out of tune every once in a while.

This is my first review of a product ever, so bare with me hear, I've been playing guitar for 1 1/2 years, so I'm sorta new. I don't no what year it was made, I think it was made in China, its a 22 fret, frets are normal size, I'm not sure what type of wood it is, it a bright red with a white scratch plate. The Bridge is a Fender Style Hard Tail Bridge, there's a volume nob, 2 tone nobs, abd 5 way selecter, it has single coil pick ups, I'm not sure about the tuners though. It cam with a gig bag, strap, amp, cable, and whammy bar. All in all, buying from a flea market, it was a good deal.