50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat review by Fender

Fender: 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat

Purchased from: Long & Mcquade

This is by far the greatest sounding Fender I've played. I love the sound of strats and this guitar just blows me away. I own another Strat but it's nothing compared to this beauty. My music styles vary because I'm still looking for that spot where it just perfect and I love what I play but right now I play blues and jazz mostly and a bit of rock but I must say this guitar sounds geat for all these styles S-1 switiching system let's you be creative and helps you create your own sounds there are numerous combinations you can do with s-1 Switch. I must say at first I was a little worried, something about it didn't appeal to me when I first herd about it. But once I tried it out It just blew me away! There is no fuzz or feedback from the pickups they are silent it sounds like your guitar isn't even plugged in until you strum a chord, that just takes the cake. The variety of sounds is pretty much endless you can have the original sound of a Strat or use your neck pickup and the s-1 Switch combined to get a les paul humbucker sound. It's just amazing. I play the guitar through my Fender DeVille 410 and it almost makes me cry hearing it. It's that beautiful.

If this guitar was stolen or lost, it wouldn't be stolen or lost, cause this guitar comes with me where ever I go, yeah I'd get another one if it was stolen or lost this guitar is amazing. I love everything about this guitar from the finish to the sound to the beautifully shaped necked. There is nothing I hate about this guitar it's perfect. My most favourite feature is the samarium cobalt pickups, amazing!

Will this guitar withstand live playing? That shouldn't even be a question for this guitar. Yes it will, and a lot of it. The hardware on this guitar will last and last compared to my les paul gold plated hardware it still has that new gold luster unlike my les paul. The strap are solid I had a minor problem where one came a little loose but it wasn't anything a bit screw driving couldn't fix. I should mention that it comes with strap locks already on the guitar there wont be any case of your guitar trying to run away.

The guitar is set-up wonderfully if like using 09 gauge strings I personally like 11 gauge strings so I had to get it set-up and have the pickups raised/lowered to get a better sound out of it. There are absolutely no flaws on the guitar, when you pay 2000 dollars for a guitar I don't want to see even a little mark on the guitar. When I bought it was literally out of the box, it was opened in front of me and sounded amazing right out of the box.

This guitar was made 2004 celebrating 50 years of Fender being in business. Made in USA. 22 jumbo frets, gold plated hardware, locking tuners, S-1 switching and a gorgeous chunk of alder for the deeply contoured body. This is without a doubt a guitar loaded with amazing features and balanced with sensible design and three very musical sounding Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups. Fender/Schaller Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking Tuning Machines. - 9 1/2" fingerboard radius - Modern C-shape neck profile - 22 medium jumbo frets - 2-colour sunburst finish on alder body - 2-point gold plated tremolo bridge assembly - Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups - S-1 switching system (gives extra sonic options) - Special 50th Anniversary neck plate, case & pickguard.