50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat review by Fender

Fender: 50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat

Purchased from: Music In

I play a bit of all types of music, from blues to metal, and my Strat is perfect for all. When I play metal I use a Boss metal zone pedal. I'm using a little Fender 85 amp, but I planned to change it for a Peavey 6505II head or a mesa dual rectifier.I think the Mesa is quite better, but it costs a lot, I mean, 2300 Euros are a bit too much for a 17 years old player. Back to guitar features, it has a liquid tone on clean channel, and a crunchy distortion with the pedal. The pickups, as the name tells, are "noiseless", and when you play you can hear only the sound of the guitar, no rattles, no noises at all.

I play punk, metal and hardcore, and my Strat is good for all. I've been playing for about three years, and I've owned an old Ibanez Artcore (my first electric guitar), and I payed it about 150 Euros. My second, and my main guitar is an Epiphone Elite SG Standard (made in Japan) which I will review soon. If it were stolen I will find the bastard who has stolen my guitar and I probably kill him. I love all of my guitar, and I can compare it with a PRS for the sound quality. I purchased it in September 2005, and during this time it doesn't had any problem. The first time I've seen it in the shop I thought "it will be my next guitar", and I buyed it.

As all strats, it's a bit heavy, but on live playing is amazing. The pickups are powerful, the hardware is solid like a rock, and the stap buttons are, too. I don't have to use it with a backup, and the guitar finishing level is what you'd expect from a top-of-the-line guitar.

when I purchased it, the strings are too high from the fingerboard, so I adjusted the saddles, and now the strings are perfect. The pickups are perfect, too. The action isn't very fast, causes of the V neck, but the neck is comfortable to use. My guitar is flawless. No scratches, no nickes, the finishing is perfect. The controls and the switches areperfect, too.

My Stratocaster is an American made Deluxe series, made in 2004, for the 50th anniversary of the Strat. It features a selected alder solid body, with a maple fingerboard and "V" shape neck. The neck has 22 jumbo frets. It comes with a very beautiful 2-color sunburst, chrome hardware, and a deluxe american tremolo bridge, that features a very fast-to-use snap-in tremolo arm. It has 3 samarium cobalt noiseless single coil pickups, with a 5-way selector switch, one master volume, and the delta-tone circuit, which is a tone circuit that boost or cut high frequences without cutting or boosting volume. My Strat comes with locking sperzel tuners, and is sold with a deluxe tweed hardcase, a set of tools, a strap, a cable, a banana yellow cloth, and a tremolo arm.