'57 Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: '57 Stratocaster

Purchased from: Misicworks

This is a very versatile guitar, I use it with my combo amp: Vox Valvetronix AD15VT. The pickups are amazing. I can get any type of sound I want with this guitar. I mainly play punk rock, alternative, modern rock etc and I love the sound that I get from this beast. If you play metal, alternative, classic rock, jazz, country, whatever! This guitar easily plays all genres of music.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with this guitar and have absolutely no regrets buying it. I am very lucky to have come across it and I sure am glad I bought this guitar. It's perfect for me! It will play any type of music you want, if this guitar were stolen/lost I would buy it right again if I could manage to find the exact same model in 2-tone sunburst. I absolutely love this guitar, to those out there reading this and thinking about buying it, buy it! Heck, buy two! These guitars are amazing Japanese quality (I think the Japanese are better crafters than the Americans.) The only difference between American and Japanese guitars are the American ones are made by American hands. I definitely urge you to at the least play this guitar, try it out. I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this guitar, and I am sure glad I found it.

This guitar will last a very long time. I, due to my lack of care for it, have already given it a few dings. I would play this guitar without a backup, it is extremely reliable. The strap buttons hold solid, fit strap locks into this thing and nothing will make them come off. Will this guitar widthstand a Live gig? Heck yeah! It's bomb-proof. I treasure this guitar and I hope to have many more great years to come with it.

The pickups had a bit of black stuff (no idea what) on them which I just wiped off with a tissue. The jack input screw was a little bit loose but I simply used some tweezers to tighen it up. Good as new now. Apart from this the guitar is flawless, plays amazingly, looks beautiful. It is stunning.

Made in Japan, 21 jumbo frets. Has Standard closed tuners (which are extremely good quality). I got mine in 2-tone sunburst, looks beautiful. I was looking at this guitar or an Epiphone Les Paul, but the Strat's 3 single coil pickups and double cutaways attracted me to buy it. 2 tone control knobs and 1 volume knob. I got some Schaller strap locks and a Shubb capo with this guitar, and an Ashton hard case all for this guitar's list price. The guitar originally came with a gig bag but I bought a hard case for it, so what happens to the gig bag? Shouldn't I get like 30 bucks off since I don't get the gig bag? Stupid of me not asking. If you're buying a guitar and it comes with a gig bag, but you are buying a hard case with it, make sure you try get a discount if you are not given the gig bag.