'57 Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: '57 Stratocaster

I play a bit of everything. Using it currently through a Fender 15 watt amp. has a very very good clean tone on each pcikup, very brights sound. It also handles dirty sounds well with these pickups, which I think are the higher of the jap made. pickups are also quite noiseless. handles delay, distortion, wah very well too.

I've been trying to play guitar for 6 years. I owned a squire before this for that period and always wanted an american standard but this came up for less than half there price. these are very good guitars and match it with american strats in my opinion. I have played some mexican made standards and they are no where near the quality of this guitar. The only problem I see with it are the Vintage style frets, which I'm slowly getting use too. Gilmour and clapton use these frets so they must be ok. This guitar was a complete bargain and if I were in japan I would bring a few of these home with me as you can't seem to find them anywhere and I was lucky this came up.

"Reliability & Durability" is very good haven't played live but sure it would handle it with ease. the finish seems very good as welll as the hardware. the strap buttons are very solid. of course if you were to gig you would take a second guitar as backup but this would be your number 1 guitar.

Since it was second hand I don't really know any of these. But the bloke who had it before kept it in mint condition, basically Brand New. No rust or any where on it. all the elctronics are well built and frets in great condition. the action is set well, however I think it will take some time to get use to 'Vintage' style frets as they make bending a bit harder. I currently have 10's on but might move to 9's to improve this.

05/06 Fender Japan 57 reissue. Vintage white, DiMarzio collection stamped pickups, c shape maple neck and fretboard with Vintage style lacquer finish, Vintage frets, 5 way Switch, gotoh tuners, etc etc. Came with all the tags and what not as well as trem bar and carry bag.

RatRox
    Maybe you should work more on your playing that what " Has more class" or "looks good" . Arguing which is better Gibson or Fender. Is for 14 year olds.. And has nothing to do with music,, There are a lot of good axes out there besides Fender and Gibson.. And if you want to talk over priced how about PRS? I was readibng this and its pretty silly... you give Billy Gibbons ot Clapton or Vai any guitar and they still sound like who they are ..