60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster

Purchased from: Tom Lee

I play a lot of Classic Roock, blues, funk and, metal and this guitar seems to satisfy most of my needs with the help of my Zoom G2 effects pedal. I run this through a Fender frontman and it was a warm sound on the neck pick up and a twangy sound on the bridge. It handels well with distortions.

If you can't afford an american Strat just pick this up with some locking tuning pegs and you have your Strat. Any classic rock, blues, or funk player out there should be satisfyed with the sound. It handels good with distortion but if your a metal head, save up for an Epiphone or a Gibson.

The straps are solid and the hardware seems to be ok for now (no faults yet). The finish is very beautyful but not indistructable (meaning don't scracht it). I would defently use it for a gig. I did come with a crack on the paint job near the neck but I didin't return it cause of the fact it'll take em a while to get another one and I don't wanna wait that long.

This guitar didin't come with any flaws exept that I wanted the bridge to be a whammy bar instead of a tremelo bar, and the tuning pegs are a bit loose. The only thing you need to add to this guitar is some locking tuning pegs and your ready to go. You might have to adjust the pick ups to your prefernces but that takes about 10 secounds.

This is a Mexican made Strat features a Diamond on the head stock. Though the description above said pearl finish, I happen to have one in olympic white [very sexy color]. It has a maple neck, Standard pick ups and an alder body. It has a 5-way selector and comes with a gig bag and a whammy bar.