60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster

I normally play Blues, and it suites it amazingly. It has a very full sound however it does make a hum, but I got over it. I run it through a Line 6 Spider III with various pedals, and it can nail just about any tone except for death metal. The harmonics on this baby ring as if it was born to just throw them out, especially when cranked. One of the best things about this guitar is the 5-way selector, mixed with the right set ups, this sound can really get bright, or when cranked with distortion, she has great ability to chug thoughs palm mutes.

Basically this guitar suites my style perfectly, and with a little tweaking, it can fit just about any style of play with general ease. I've been playing for 10 years now, and I own many guitars, including a '72 Strat, that I play all the time. And even though this guitar isn't the sound of my American Strat, or Les Paul. It's still a great buy. For the price I really couldn't find much better. I do wish it came with an optional hardshell case, however. I think this guitar can deffinately be used as a starting guitar, or for an experienced player, all in all, good deal.

I've dinged thing guitar, dropped it, the works, and she still plays like the first day I got her. This guitar was built to last, and it probably will last me quite a while before I need to buy replacement parts/pieces. This guitar due to the hum is deffinately not made to play at gigs, however if my American Strat broke, I could depend on this to finish the job.

When I got my guitar, the action wasn't what I wanted, ten minutes and I had it set up great. The pickups were adjusted perfectly to suite my style of play. The only real problem was that the pick guard wasn't screwed on properly and that the input jack was a little loose, once more a vary easy fix. I am greatly satisfied with this guitar, because once I got this thing set up right, it matched my American Strat in both speed and playability.

This is a Fender (Mexican made) 60th Anniversary Standard Strat, I grabbed this beauty in a dark red metallic color. It comes with a Standard gig bag, it's pretty flimsy, but it gets the job done. It has 22 frets, and has the basic Fender tuners. It comes equipped with 3 single coil pickups, 2 tones 1 volume, and a 5-way selector.