60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster

This guitar has Vintage written all over it and is perfect for Blues, although if you're using an effects processor, you can get it to do Metal as well.I'm using my Frontman 65R with this as well as my Zoom John5 effects pedal. The pups on this, are pretty quiet when in the 2 or 4th position, but when in any other, they'll hum just as any single coil guitar will. I've been using a MIM before I got this, and to be honest, there is no comparision. I'm hooked on this one, but I'll still keep my Mexican. I've put too much time into modding her, plus she's got some mojo and too many memories.

I play classic rock, 80's Hair Metal, and some occasion blues. I got over 37 years experience and this is the guitar that I've been searching for all my life! If anything ever happened to it, I would without a doubt, get another one. Once you go american, there's no going back! This is a keeper and I will not let anyone, I repeat, anyone, put their paws on it!

It's a American made Strat, so I don't think there's going to be any problems whatsoever! I've been using my MIM for almost 4 years without any problems, so you do the math. Fenders are the best guitars IMO, and I just can't see myself playing anything else. This is the guitar that I've been waiting my whole life for and now my collection is complete! Of course, if I were to ever come across another one for a low price, I won't say no. You can never have enough Strats as far as I'm concerned.

I had to adjust the pickups a bit and the intonation on both E strings. Also tightened up the back springs just a lil' bit. Other than that, it was set up pretty well. When I got this yesterday, it had never been played and still had the plastic on the pickguard and backplate. My firend who I bought this from, had bought this just as a collectable piece, but he needed the money due to hard times.I did put a new set of D'Addarios on her, and once I did that, she was ready to go. The neck on this a bit wider than my MIM, but it onlt took me a few minutes to get used to it. The action on this guitar is superb and it actually seems to be a bit lighter in weight than my MIM.

Mine is the 60th Ammiversary Commemorative US made, Stratocaster, not the MIM one. It features a Jeweled headstock inlay, stamped commemorated neckplate, pearloid Dot position markers, alder body, maple neck w/rosewood fretboard with rolled fingerboard edges, medium jumbo frets. The pickups are American Vintage 57 pups, a 2 point tremolo w/ stainless steel saddles, Delta tone system and parchment knobs and pup covers. A custom Silver Solarium case w/dark red plush and embroidered interior is also included.