'62 Jaguar review by Fender

Fender: '62 Jaguar

Purchased from: Local Music Store

It sounds amazing. If you want blues, you have blues. If you want grunge, it has that ringy, yet deep grungy tone. I use a Fender Mustang amp, but I don't really use the effects on it that much. I use Boss distortion or chorus effect. It is a bit noisy, the wires aren't "grounded" that much. It can get some pretty bad electrical buzz. The frets are a bit ringy too. But, it does have a very nice sound. Its not deep or bright, its somewhere in the middle. It has a large variety, but its not a Les Paul or a strat. You're still getting a Jag haha.

I play anything from grunge to blues, to classic rock, to heavy metal. I've not been playing long but I think I know enough to know this guitar is pretty good. But not perfect. If the guitar was lost or stolen... Yes I would buy another one. I love the sound it can give you, but I also hate some of those sounds. It is like a love hate relationship. I have my problems with her, she has her problems with me.

I do belive this guitar will last a long time. I will use it live if\when I ever play live. The hardware is not only beautiful, it is quality! The strap buttons are really strong. It is a dependable guitar for a certain range of music. But no, I would not take it too a gig without a backup.

This guitar is set up pretty good from factory. Concidering the msrp is 2000+, I got it at a steal. But, it has excellent quality. It was actually pretty well tuned when I got it in. The pickups fit perfect. The guitar really came with nothing wrong with it. Nothing! I was amazed at how perfect it came.

This is a great guitar. It has about as much tone as you will need for blues and grunge. Its an american made guitar, made in 2010. 22 frets with a solid top. It has the floating Bridge set up, which looks awesome but is kind of annoying. Sometimes if you stum too hard, the stings go into the wrong crevace and get out of tune. The bride is just a little peice of metal that sets under the string. It doesnt't really hold that much tension. The selector switches are a bit complicated at first, but you get used to them.

eddbolt1
    Tried one out. There's simply much better guitars availiable for the money now. Reverend guitars naje these look/feel like toys.