'62 Jazzmaster review by Fender

Fender: '62 Jazzmaster

Purchased from: Wallace Reed Music

I think any guitar can be used for any style but if we must be specific I'll go for the generic answer. This guitar is great for a surf sound. If you have a tube amp this guitar can sound crisp on a clean setting. I use a Fender Blues Junior. The p/ups are deceptive. They look like soap bar p/ups but are genuinly regular single coil but this can be taken care of. P90s fit in the p/up slots so shell out he extra cash if you want. I don't care. They sound hot to me as it is but whatever. This guitar can sound full or sound thin but it's an abrasive sound. Know what I mean?

I like playing simple music and this guitar is a good match for me. I'd buy another if I were rich. I've had a guitar for 6 years now. I own a Fender Blues Junior, Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner, Boss OC-3 octave pedal, a cheap ass Danelectro distortion pedal, and that's it. I love the sound of the guitar and how it feels. I don't like the price paid. My favorite feature is the medium frets. They feel good. I compared this guitar to a Fender Telecaster. I chose this over that cause it was more comfortable. And it looked weird. I wish this had a nitro finish and real soap bar p/ups. That's it. I can Live with the shit tuners. Oh and for the bridge saddles, I replaced them with Tusq saddles. They're like plastic but really hard and there's only one groove for the strings so they don't bounce around.

This guitar can withstand Live playing. It's a Fender. I've had this thing for 4 years now and nothing has been permanently damaged. Sometimes the tremolo piece gets loose and falls back into the guitar but this can be fixed. Use your hands. I have dents and scratches on the finish, and the paint flies off when I drop it but that's normal. It's a guitar not a trophy. And plus thisguitar probably wont appreciate cause, you know, it's not american and the poly finish but whatever. Get rich flipping burgers.

This gutiar was set up by monkeys. The action was so low that I could not bend without fretting out, but that was fixed easily. Learn how to set up your guitars! The neck p/up was set up fine, but the bridge was too far from the strings. Sounded quiet compared to its counterpart, but this too can be fixed. The intonation was shit but whatever. The hardware was fine. Tip top shape.

This Crafted in Japan Jazzmaster was constructed in the mid 1990s. It has 21 medium frets on a long rosewood neck. I don't know the exact dimensions. The body is contoured, for your playing pleasure, and is made of maple. They used a poly finish that looks great but doesnt't breathe like the superior nitro finish. It comes with a floating bridge that has multiple grooves on the saddles. It's a drawback but can easily be replaced. There is a tremolo piece that works well. Two volume an two tone pots that are on separate circuits controlled by a black Switch. The top setting for the black Switch gives the guitar a warm Rush to the crotch while the bottom setting is more trebly. There are twosingle coil pickups so there's a 3 way toggle Switch. The tuners are non locking and are pretty shitty. It doesn't say what kind they are (the tuners). It came with hardshell case that retails around 75 bucks.