'72 Telecaster Custom review by Fender

Fender: '72 Telecaster Custom

Purchased from: Musiciandfriend.com

I use a Boss ME-50 effects pedal. I mostly play punk/ska and tend to stay in the Gibson guitar field but wow. I can simply emmulate almost any song I played with my Gibson perfectly. The Rosewood Board gives it a nice warm sound. Even with my ok MG50 it still sounds great but with my stack, forget about it!

Like I said I play punk and this guitar deffinetly fits the bill. I can really play this all day without touching my Classic Custom Telecaster. If someone was to steal this guitar from me, I would get Chuck Norris to hunt them down and beat them then I would just buy another one. This guitar is my heaven. I love everything about this guitar except the knobs which I changed ($10.00).

I cant really tell you much on reliability since I got it but I'd bet this guitar and gear was meant to last. I just changed the knobs cause the knobs it came with are wierd and are like 4 inches high. Cost about like 10 dollars. I would use this guitar on stage with my band anytime. I would bring a backup though because I would never take a chance and say if lightning hit it (I hope not) I would have no guitar.

I always get my guitars set-up first before I really play them. With some polish, new strings and minor neck adjustments at the shop this guitar was a trophy. I actually got some wall clips and hung all my guitars up and the '72 looked great.

I just bought this guitar and all I have to say is wow! I was really blown away buy this guitar because not only does it have a great sound and playablity. This is the cheapest guitar I own and it plays better than most of my other ones. The only thing I recommend is that you get a rosewood board for a warmer sound or, that may be just my personal favorite.