'72 Telecaster Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: '72 Telecaster Deluxe

Purchased from: Guitar mania

I usually play manic street preachers stuff but I also don't mind playing jazz, metal, blues etc so this guitar has a wide range of sounds because of the Fender wide range pickups. With the tone selection the bridge can do a great funk sound when it's on clean and a really good punk sound when it's on the distortion, the neck is great for playing solos on any channel but when you are on clean and you use both pickups you get a nice acoustic sound. I have no problem with sound it's totally perfect but I do play through a aston 100 watt viper tube amp but the sound may change due to diffrent types of amp but I'm 99.5% it will sound great on anything!

I absoultly love the guitar to bits if your looking for a Fender Tele around the the 500 mark get one they are amazing personally I think they have a better sound than a 1000 Gibson but also a better look a better everthing! But if somthing happend to it and I didn't have insurance I would deffinatly go for another one of these guitars.

I think if I stuck new strings on this guitar before a gig I would play without a backup but I think I would only play this guitar live if was using a Joe Satriani guitar strap which luckily I have two. But it does have a very wide range of sounds so it would be a very good guitar to play without a backup.

There is absoulutly nothing wrong with this guitar when I first bought it the pickups were fine the bringe is how I want it so it was perfect even though I was trying out gibsons I found this guitar was better than an SG Standard or a Les Paul Studio so you will be saving a ton of money.

This guitar was reissued in 2004 it was made in mexico, it was made with 21 frets this guitar also has a lackerd neck and headstock, the head stock also has Vintage Fender tuners. You can buy the guitar in either a black, walnut or sunburst finnish I bougth mine in black the only problem with that is you can get smuge marks on the guitar but that can be easily. The bridge is a Fender bridge. This guitar also has 5 knobs two for volume and two for tone, the pickup on the guitar are Fender wide range pickups and to finnish it up the guitar come with a Fender deluxe gig bag. And also some of these guitars come with a Fender 60th anniversary stamp on the headstock.