'72 Telecaster Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: '72 Telecaster Deluxe

Price paid: € 550

Purchased from: Peter cooks guitar world

This guitar really can do almost any style of music. It can do a huge variety of styles from a nice mellow clean to all the way through to heavy crunch. I wouldn't recommend this guitar for metal heads as its not the best guitar for those really high gain sounds. I would also say that because this guitar has humbuckers it haven't got that twang that most telecasters with single coils do. However it does knock out pretty much every tone under the sun kinda speak.

Great guitar for rock and blues. And for the price, easily the best guitar I've played in its price range. I can't say how great this guitar is. So go out and play one.

Since I've had my guitar I've had a few things go wrong. Firstly I had abit of a grounding issue, however it was nothing abit of solder couldn't fix or 30 at a guitar shop if your not to confident at doing this at home. Just a wire had come loose, nothing sinister. Second thing I've got not and still haven't resolved is my toggle switch. For some reason I can get bridge and neck pickups, but if I try and mix them it just gives me neck pickup alone. I've given this guitar alot of use and abuse and I must say in all honesty. It should be pieces, I've dropped it smashed it stood on it, but yet all the only damage is a small scratch on the back of the guitar from a belt. Very well built.

When I first got this guitar the setup was pretty bad to be honest. The action was all over the innotation was all wrong and my pickups needed some adjustment along with the truss rod. However these are really easy things to amend and really you have too keep adjusting them every few months of owning the guitar. The finish is great, I got a gloss black body which looks great and the neck seems to be smoother than most other guitars I've played, my fingers just seem to glide over it. Really easy to play guitar.

This is a great guitar with pretty much all your Standard features you could expect to have on a guitar and more. First thing to note is the Gibson style 3 way toggle selector which is always a nice and easy way to get good tones, it allows you to "mix and match" between the two humbuckers that come Standard with the guitar. Each humbucker has its own volume and tone knob which allows your to roll of the volume to clean up the sound abit. And to adjust the tone from a more mellow sound to a much brighter sound. Easy to use and works great. I wont go into detail about the woods and bridge type because, well you can just get it off any website really.