'72 Telecaster Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: '72 Telecaster Deluxe

The sound is unique, because it combines alder body with humbucker pickups. The sound is very different from the guitar that has a humbucker pickup, it's not as thick as a Gibson, not as thin as standard telecaster. I used to play with Standard Telecaster and Hagstrom Super Swede.

Overall, this guitar is my main guitar, I don't need backup guitar. I love this guitar so much, it's combined Tele - Strat - Les Paul style. If it stolen definitely I'll kick the ass who stolen this guitar. I don't like to compare all of my guitar, this is has different style, love it!

I only use it for practice in the studio alone, I have never used it for gigs events (next month maybe). I change the strap button with Dunlop strap lock, it's not because the original strap button is bad or something, it's because all my guitars use strap lock (safety first).

When I got this guitar it has 0.9-0.42 strings, I changes to a thicker strings (0.10-0.46). Pickup can't be adjusted, because this is almost like a p-90 pickup. For neck adjustment it is very very simple because it has Bullet truss rod. I don't have a negative point for this guitar because when I got this the condition is perfect, thx God.

I recently bought this guitar from my friend. Mine is fsr '72 Telecaster Deluxe with natural color. Made in Mexico, built in 2009 it has 1 piece alder body, maple neck with big 70s Stratocaster headstock with polyester. The rest is the same as a standard 72 Telecaster deluxe.