'89 Stratocaster Plus review by Fender

Fender: '89 Stratocaster Plus

I have a wide range of styles for playing guitar but mostley I tend to play quite funky rythm guitar for blues lead guitar but I have my moments when I play heavy metal or hardcore but also I have my moments when I play jazz and this guitar seems to fulfill all of them very well. For blues lead it works well because the Fender Lace Sensor Pickups have much less hum it has a cleaner sounder under distortion but still brings the gritty metal distortion sound. I use a Fender M-80 Chorus twin amp that has a chorus and a overdrive Switch and the guitar sounds amazing comeing from that amp but from a cheaper amp like my marshal MG15 it has less magic to it. The guitar it self has quite a twangy sound under clean and if you mess around with tones you can get a very bluesy sound out of it or even a Acoustic sound out of it but once you add effects it sounds much more different and it will sound how you will want it to sound. With distortion and other efects all together with heavy use of the tremolo bar you can hit some pretty narly sounds and effects and with the distortion on the harmonics are easily hit for effect. Over all it is a very nice sounding guitar and will fulfil your needs but only to a certain extent.

I am in love with this guitar is sounds good it is very stylish and it is impressive because its not like any other Fender guitars. It has unique features on it and is the first Fender guitars to have locking tuning heads with a roller nut to have much much easier tuning. This is an amazing guitar and I would recomend it to anyone.

I play my guitar a HELL of a lot and have maybebashed it a around a couple of times by accident and it has held on very well. This guitar is a pretty heavy guitar so you can't really throw it around ot unless you have a very secure guitar strap. This is a dependable guitar there are no technical faults in it and it has near enough no feedback from other electrical equipment becasue of the Lace sensor pick ups. And the finish on it is very durable and had yet to see signs of it wearing away.

Then action on this guitar is a very nice one. I have ernieball super slinkys which are guage 9-45 and with those srtings, bending and soloing becomes very nice and effortless. The pickup adjustments are slightly to close to the strings so if there is alot of heavy strumming you may hit the pickups from time to time but over all th adjustment was good. The guitars Bridge was way to high when I got it. And the intonation was out a tiny bit but those flaws are easily adjustable but this this was probabl due to the guitar strings that were on the guitar. Over all this had good action and good adjustments but it needed just abit of work.

The 1989 Stratocaster Plus (American made) is a uniuqe Stratocaster becasue o its features that is has. This particular one has a tuning head locking system which grips the strings tight for trmolo use. Also it was a roller nut so there is less friction and is better for tremolo use. Also to add to the help of tremolo use it has a hipshot tremsetter in the back of the guitar that brings the tremolo system back to where is was no matter how violent the usage of the tremolo system is. It has 3 Fender Golf Lace Sensor pick ups (neck, middle, bridge) that give of less feedback than usuall single coil pick ups which is ideal for blues. The body is made from alder (although I'm not quite sure.) and the neck s maple with a rosewood fret board that has the Standard 22 frets. There are three control dials which are volume, tone and TBX and a control Switch that has 5 different positions for different pickup usage. When I got given this it came with a Fender M-80 Chorus but I'm not sure if you would get one if you had bought it new. Although it loks like a Standard Fender it a a really good piece of kit.