American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

Purchased from: Jim's Music, Irvine, CA

Personally, I play just about all kinds of music. I like being able to Switch a channel and start playing along to my favorite metal licks, and flicking it back and playing it like an acoustic. Speaking of acoustic, this guitar has a beautiful tone and sound off the amp. Just playing it in a quiet room is awesome. The ash body tends to dry out the longer the owner has it, so the tone only improves with time. I have a 100 watt Marshall MG that fits perfect with this guitar. Although, the amazing versatility of the pickup arrangment and 5 way selector makes it easily adaptable to almost any amp setup.

I have been playing for a couple years, and started with an Ibanez acoustic dreadnought style guitar. I had lots of fun learning, but it was time for an electric. I play all kinds of music, everything from licks inspired from Iron Maiden and The Darkness to sharp crisp blues tones from Sublime and ZZ Top. If I starting gigging later in life, I would buy another one of these guitars to have as a solo guitar or something. Two is always better than one.

When I got this guitar home, I played it for several hours. When I was done, I put it back in the case. The next morning, I got it out again for another 3 hours - no difference from when I strummed the first chord. I don't gig, because I'm not in a band. I do have jamming buddies though, and we play a lot. It can handle everything. This guitar is extremely durable. It would probably take Pete Townsend quite a while to bust up this axe.

When I bought the guitar, it was perfectly tuned, no scratches, dings, or smudges. It appeared freshly polished. The staff at Jim's Music in Irvine, CA take great care of all the products they sell, and have informative, amazing salespeople who offer more than enough service. The guitar was perfectly setup the first time I played it in the store. I quickly got used to the 5-way selector, normally playing a 3-way.

These guitars have been produced recently and will most likely remain in production for a long time. It's a beautiful ash body with a maple neck and classic Strat styling. They come in only 2 or 3 colors, but you can't go wrong with any of them. Mine is an aged cherry sunburst. Red on the edges and transparent in the middle. It is has 22 classic style frets, 2 single coil pickups, a humbucker, and a 5-way selector. This combo makes it possible to be shredding your favorite licks all night, and then turning it over to play crystal clear bluesy tones. It is an extremely well built, durable, beautiful, versatile, fun and easy to play guitar. It also came equipped with a sturdy hardshell Fender case, leather Fender strap, 10 foot instrument cable, and a whammy bar.

ArcherTheVMan
    Tomaz24
    - for anyone who wants to check this guitar out a bit more. I love the colour.
    Johnthevault
    ArcherTheVMan wrote: will people stop saying that their amp 'suits the guitar perfectly' amps can be tweaked to suit any guitar, your amp doesn't just by chance happen to be THE ONE AMP that suits it perfectly.
    totally true
    jjjbova
    ArcherTheVMan
    jjjbova wrote: This product from Fender is definitely stunning to look at and play. It stays in tune better than any other Strat I've ever had even when you utilize the trem. I've played for about 20 years, and the Fender company has changed alot in that time alone. The Deluxe I have, was about $1000.00 at Daddy's music. For this much money, I thought the workmanship would have been better. When I got the guitar home, I had a little time to look at it closer. The pick guard is warped and doesn't set onto the body in several spots. The string tree is almost devoid of chrome. The piece is defective. The case is the most decrepid piece of crap I've ever seen. It doesn't even close correctly because it's warped and doesn't line up. Hardly a case that's worth even a guitar half this price. I love the guitar, even though it has it's faults, but I'm seriously thinking of bringing it back to the store because of these things. When you pay more than $1000.00 for an instrument, it should be perfect when you get it home. I bucked-up the extra money to buy an American made Strat because I like the "quality" but this is less than I expected. Now I'm faced with the prospect of fixing all these things myself or return it to the store for repair through Fender and be without it for a month.
    i think you got unlucky, because the one i have was spotless when i bought it and it was 2 years old then, and the parts are all still in near perfect order.
    USCENDONE BENE
    I love this guitar, it gave a real buzz to play it in the shop, after i played some other strats which in all honesty felt a bit 'toy-like' in comparison. As soon as i picked this up and felt how comfortable the neck was i knew i had to get one. Sounds awesome, great tonal options and it looks gorgeous. Buy one!
    BluMetalPlayer
    i got this guitar 2 christmas's ago. It is honestly the best guitar i have ever played. Ive played Gibson LP's and the such but i dont like the knecks on them as much as the American Strat.
    redtide
    im the only one in the philippines with this baby! Its an amazing guitar. I bought it during a fender guitar clinic. SOme other dude was gonna buy it but i payed first so yeah. Lucky me... that all i have to say
    Rheo420
    Just bought one yesterday for 1000, i must say Wow...i just wanted an upgrade from my squier and i am pretty sure i won't need a new guitar ever again, This little puppy was stashed away in a corner first day on the floor and the guy mentioned it to me, i saw it, i fell in love this thing is amazing,its so sexy too man..wow..im still speechless
    bede86
    i have a 1998 one and i love it...but dun ppl think its a little heavy? like i noe its ash but still lol.
    orange_juice
    When i saw the S-1 button on the volume knob, the first thing i thought was "oh my gosh, this button must make it go up to eleven" ...spinal tap joke haha...
    FBXZ2
    This is one of the best stock guitars I have. No need for mods. I like the feel of the neck and the sound of the SCN pickups. It sounds much more ballanced than my other strats with vintage pickups.