American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

Purchased from: Fender Store

This is an amazing sounding guitar, extremely versitile. It has suited every style of music that I play from jazz to metal. This pickup configurations on this guitar make it all the more versitile. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out what sound suits the style best. It can go from a warm sound to a very bright sound. I am currently using a Randall RG75 G2 series amplifier with this guitar, which suits it perfectly. Less for jazz, more for rock, but is still possible to get a nice warm tone out of with this guitar. This guitar has a slight hum on most settings when the volume settings reach nearly 7, but is not a problem when on lower volumes, and is not noticible with a band behind you.

This guitar has matched everything I've ever wanted in a guitar, it suits every style of music I have ever played, and with the different pickup configurations it continues to. I have been playing guitar for six years, since I was eight, I'm fourteen now. I own this Fender Strat, a Randall RG75 G2 Series amplifier, a Samick Greg Bennet Design acoustic, and a Marshall MXL 990 Condenser microphone. If it were stolen or lost, I would try my hardest to find it. If I couldn't I would probably buy another one, (It is insured) but I would also try other guitars in the stores. I love the tone it produces, I love just about everything about it, the slim neck, I could go on and on. I'm not a huge fan of the sunburst because just about every other Strat player has it. But it's alright. My favorite feature would definately have to be the slim neck. I had tried out quite a few electric guitars in store before this one, but then I tried this and fell in love with it. My dad also liked it so he got it for my for my birthday. I wish it had a Floyd Rose Tremelo, but there isn't a lot I can ask for this guitar. Oh yeah, this guitar's nut is also made from Bone.

This guitar will withstand Live playing, and has already, it is built like a rock. It is also very comfortable to play Live, and is not too heavy. The hardware definately seems like it will last, I have heard only good reviews on this guitar, which is why I bought it. The strap button by the neck is solid, the other one comes loose fairly easily. The finish seems extremely durable, and very thickly layered, although in the right angle you can see a lot of scratch marks from my pick.

The action came from the factory pretty well. The action was a little high, but still extremely comfortable for the music I play. The pickups were adjusted exactly how the Fender manual told you to set them up to stock. Everything was properly routed on this guitar. Nothing was flawed on this guitar, except after about a month of playing one of the strap buttons comes loose fairly easily, but nothing a screwdriver can't fix.