American Deluxe Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Stratocaster

Purchased from: GAK

I am currently using this Strat through a Line 6 Floor POD plus connected to a Line 6 spider IV. It suits my style of music for example deep purple, pink floyd, slipknot and many others because it has a smooth neck so I can move fast up and down it. The clean sound I currently use for it is amazing because it works for basically any clean song.

This is a brilliant guitar that will last my whole life. It was a massive step up from my first guitar (Jim Deacon for 80) but I can see where my money has gone and I just hope that I wont need to buy a new one because L/H american deluxes are hard to come by. I love the tone that the S1 Switch brings to the guitar. Overall 10/10. Well done Fender!

This guitar would definetly withstand live playing, bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd use it so its definetly up to standard. The Strat would last over a lifetime because it is so well built. I would never go to a gig without a backup because it would be stupid in case a broke a string (which wouldn't be the guitars fault). But I don't think I would need to use the backup. It has a 3 tone sunburst finish that will never wear away.

The guitar has no problems that I can see or hear. The only thing that has ever gone wrong is the stap lock has come off so I just refitted it. No big deal.

My Strat was made in America in 2008. It has a maple neck and is one of the last L/H american deluxe strats to be made. It has the new S1 Switch system which is brilliant for all types of music. My guitar came with a hard case, 10ft cable, strap and strap locks.