American Deluxe Stratocaster FMT HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Stratocaster FMT HSS

Awesome sound, anything from blues to hard rock. It wouldn't go to metal, though. I play Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, and some other stuff. It suits most of them. Could have a little fatter tone when play AC/DC solos, and could be a little more edgy for RHCP. For that edgy RCHP sound I totally recommend an ash Strat. Fender Japan makes an awesome guitar perfect for RHCP. But this guitar is perfect for the sounds in between, especially thanks to the humbucker. I use a Big Muff, Boss Chorus, Boss Digital Delay, Electro-Harmonix Mini Q-Tron, CryBaby, Line 6 Modulator, and Boss Overdrive. Works great with all of them. It didn't sound so good with the Boss Distortions so I sold them. I use an Ibanez 50-watt and it sounds so sweet with the gain up. Must use noise suppressor if you use the dangerous amount of gain I do.

Perfect match for hard rock, or anything soft. its a good guitar for a wide variety and with the right effects it can sound like anything. The s/c pickups give a nice round tone for slower stuff and the humbucker explodes with edge. I wish, however, that I tried out the ash Strat version of this guitar first. That gives a more overall edgy yet fat tone. The neck can't be beat. Sounds fatter at times than the SG and the neck is way more reliable. Not to mention the looks kick ass. If this guitar was stolen, id buy the ash version of this. Good 1st or 2nd guitar when you still want to explore all kinds of sounds. A little pricy but in the end, the small things make the big differences.

The guitar came to me with everything set up. Not a single thing need adjusting. However, the contact came a little loose. But I just opened the input jack up and saudered it. No prob. The beauty lies in the neck. Its so easy to play on it. I have an Ibanez semi-acoustic and with the same strings, the Ibanez feels way way heavier. Also this baby never goes off tune. I can choke and use the trem and itll never slide. Finish is beautiful. Beautiful neck!