American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS

My music style is Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, but I do a lot of other stuff with it. I play anything from the Eagles, the Beatles, Metallica, Godsmack, 311, Sublime, Guns N' Roses and a lot more. I use a Fender Frontman 25R ($229.99) amp with no other effects. Although I plan to get a Boss pedal soon, I can't say how that will turn out. The guitar is incredible sounding, and the humbucking pickups alow rich, full sound while the Tex-mex delivers a more twangy, high-treble sound. This guitar can do whatever you want it to. It's one of the best Fender offers, and if you're looking to get something that you will never come up short with, this is your guitar.

As mentioned earlier, I play a lot of different music, and this guitar can play it all. I own two other guitars, one electric and one acoustic, both of normal quality. If this guitar was taken from me by one twist of fate or another, I'd go right back and buy it again. I love everything about this guitar and hate nothing, as you can see by all the 5's. I say that if you have the movey for this baby, get it. You're gonna love it.

Not a single scratch or spot on the guitar when it came. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, the bride was routed fine and everything was secure and good sounding. After you tune it you're ready to go.

The American Deluxe Strat HSS delivers all the refined features found on the American Deluxe Strat, but brimming with beefy tone thanks to a Fender DH-1 humbucking pickup, the S-1 switching system, and an LSR Roller Nut with locking machine heads. The two Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups (neck and middle) are wound extra hot for proper balanced with the humbucking pickup. The amazing S-1 switching system lets you Switch instantly from humbucking to single coil tones - just tap the Switch hidden in the crown of the master volume knob.

sHieZaN
    yes, i have a brown sunburst version of this guitar, and it really is insane. this guitar is kick ass
    Darth949
    yo, i have an 09' amber w/ maple neck am fat strat and it kicks a$$. I got in Miami at Musician's discount center for $1,250. Back in March I found it there and saw that it wasn't marked with the price raise from fender back in March and bought it that day. I love it. The Maple neck almost commands your fingers when you sweep. I am still in AWE with how amazing this fender is. This my shectors, my twelve string accoustic, back-up ibanez bass, and my LAkland 5-string are what I've used for the past months for gigs. If this guitar speaks out to you, GET IT. If it doesn't stil GET IT.
    Harpotoo
    I have the 2004 50th Anniversary edition in Chrome Silver, maple neck and beautiful black & silver pearloid pick guard. Wife bought it for me for our 25th Anniversary, now she's got me hooked for another 25 years.
    antwan13
    Rish666 wrote: I Just got mine in Oregon for $1199 and brought it back to Sydney where I've found it as cheap as $2299 at Venue and as expensive $2899 at Allen's music. This is by far the best Guitar I've ever Bought From the BC.Rich Warlock, LTD EC400, The Fat Deluxe can do it all Plus More. the only thing i miss which expected when buying a strat is that you miss out on the second octive with the 22 frets but it seriously isen't needed all that much for my playing. I'm a Big Fan of the S1 Switch and The SCN Pickup Config and the LSR Roller Nut. Tone is great for jazz, blues, funk on clean and Is awsome for rock and metal. Its by far the most Versatile Guitar I've Played yet.
    They are absolute rip-offs here in Australia in terms of guitars. I imported mine direct from America when the Aussie dollar was almost 1:1 to the US dollar, and I payed a total of $1,500 including tax, shipping etc. compared with $2,899 they charge at Allans. Savings of $1,399. But yeah, I've got a Olympic White version, and it is by far the best, most versatile guitar I have ever picked up.
    SCW
    YO! I have a black w/ white pick guard. Deluxe American fat strat. noiseless p/u's pop in termelo, dual humbucker at the bridge, LSR rolling nut,stainless steel bridge. polished locking tuning machines,alder body, abalone dot inlays on my MAPLE NECK & FRET BOARD!!! =) I have had this beauty over 10 yrs now. and i love my axe dearly. paid a G for it! back then, quality always cost, but you get what you pay for here, (not just diamonds on a watch) it is all practical. Anyways just a quick shout to all the fender lovers out there.. peace and licks 2 U!
    gutu
    NHECOS
    Petar wrote: Humbucker Single coil Single coil, indicating that this particular model has two singles and one humbucker.
    Thanks man.
    Petar
    Fisker
    I have a 09 peal white and it kicks ass. Amazing sound, good look and quality. I got an amazing deal so i could afford it. And i love it. Buy it!
    archie2k2
    antwan13 wrote: Rish666 wrote: They are absolute rip-offs here in Australia in terms of guitars. I imported mine direct from America when the Aussie dollar was almost 1:1 to the US dollar, and I payed a total of $1,500 including tax, shipping etc. compared with $2,899 they charge at Allans. Savings of $1,399.
    of course ... dont really want to buy a guitar in australia..
    MegaNate
    I love this guitar!!!! It has literally made me an entirely SUPERIOR guitar player compared to before I bought it. For no other reason that if I'm around it, I can't put it down. And mine isn't even all that new anymore, I've had it for well over a year, but everytime I look at it, I have to pick it up. It's so fun and easy to play...if you are in the market for a new axe, BUY THIS GUITAR!!! You will love it
    PendulousThread
    "My band's style is ska, punk, and hip hop infused reggae, with elements of grunge, rock, expiremental, blues, and alternative" wtf...
    Robsje
    I have bought one @ Music Store in Berlin. Fender stratocaster american deluxe HSS montego black
    Tomaz24
    I'm buying mine through my school, so I don't pay VAT. So it's only going to cost me 790. Instead of 930.
    Rish666
    lyndont
    Hi folks, I keep catching the pickup selector when strumming, does anyone else do this or is it my action? Any suggestion how I could overcome this?
    harlan42
    CkY freak, I'm sure you have the Am. Special Mahogany HSS Strat which is a little different than the Deluxe HSS. Your guitar has Tex-Mex singles w/ a diamondback hb, not SCN singles w/ the DH-1. Plus, you only saved around $200 (which is nothing to scoff at), but the deluxe HSS will cost you closer to $1300, not $1000 when it's all said and done. Still a great guitar though.
    scizor4
    THe badassloox on this axe will rule hu thinx it suites grunge?????
    OttovanZanten
    Reading Fender American Deluxew Stratocaster reviews is kinda useless actually =P every1 knows American Fenders own =P
    CkY freak
    Yea, I was lucky enough to get this guitar for $800 with a hardshell case (I noticed I forgot to put the price), if you are thinking about buying one, then do it, you won't regret it.
    scizor4
    i've been researching this guitar coz i need a new one, and from the first time i laid my eyes in this guitars specs, and picture in that special black and gold... i knew it woz yhe one. Simply put.. one of the best ever!!!!!
    musicismylifee
    gutu wrote: The guitar seems good does it really worth it? and i wonder how can people give 2000$ for something that's 900$....
    It is definitely worth it. It was my first guitar, and i've now been playing for 4 years and it is definitely my favorite guitar. (i know 4 years is not a long time, but try playing one, you will love it instantly)