American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS

Purchased from: Allens Music Store Pitt St. Sydney

I use this guitar in conjunction with a 100w Marshall DFX amp. The sound that I can achieve with this guitar is incredibly flexible. I bought it with the intention of following up my jazz/blues acoustic feel, yet found myself seduced by the overdriven excellence it offers. For a single coil guitar, I can achieve amazing overdriven tones and distorted sustain. Quite simply, this guitar has handled by change from John Mayer and Eric Clapton to Tool and Deftones without missing a stride. I have no critical issues with this guitar. Perhaps the only point of interest is if you are looking for a humbucker guitar soley, then get one, if not, this guitar can handle any style with amazing tones and feeling. This guitar is well worth trying out for anyone with the money and flexibility in their guitar playing.

As I've said, the flexibility I have achieved from this single coil guitar is amazing. The S-Button technology really gives the humbucker feel that I was looking for eventually. This guitar is quite simply amazing. Well worth a test try by anyone. It can be played Live, works amazingly well with my Marshall amps and I would recommend the combo to anyone.

I have played live with this guitar and it has never once had an issue or become stained from my sometimes lethal sweating. This clearly is an off the shelf guitar built by the best people in the business at Fender. I'm sure it will not pose any problems in the future.

The action is amazing, so easy to play. I bought this guitar on a wing that my 2 years playing experience would not affect an exponential growth in my playing ability if I had good equipment. I was right. The guitar is exceptional, works well in all situations and survives the hard slog of gigging.

Made in 2003 USA, California. Standard 24 Jumbo Frets, rosewood neck. This was an off the shelf, deluxe american Fender Stratocaster with built in S-button technology. Essentially giving it humbucker capabilities by combining two or all three of the single coil pickups. I use this guitar in conjunction with a 100w Marshall DFX Amp. The sound that I can achieve with this guitar is incredibly flexible. I bought it with the intention of following up my jazz/blues acoustic feel, yet found myself seduced by the overdriven excellence it offers. For a single coil guitar, I can achieve amazing overdriven tones and distorted sustain. Quite simply, this guitar has handled by change from John Mayer and Eric Clapton to Tool and Deftones without missing a stride. I have no critical issues with this guitar. Perhaps the only point of interest is if you are looking for a humbucker guitar soley, then get one, if not, this guitar can handle any style with amazing tones and feeling. The price is high, actually starting around $3900 Aus, but in my opinion it's more than worth it. it's always a good idea to haggle though guys, I got this with my Marshall amp and saved over $1000. It came with a case, strap, lead, picks, humidifier and tuning tools.