American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS

I play classic rock and blues and this guitar is perfect. I play it through a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV and a Vox tonelab SE. Since the pickups are noiseless, there is no extra noise. The variety of sounds is unbelievable. The S1 switching system is fun, but it's only noticeable on the neck pick up, but it just makes the neck pickup sound like the neck pickup.

It's an american deluxe, what more is there that you can ask for?

This guitar was made to withstand anything for a lifetime and more. The finish is beautiful in the three tone sunburst with the maple fret board.

I bought this used from a person rather than a company, but it was basically new since the plastic was still on the pick guard. But it was all great but the strings had never been changed, but other than that, it's perfect.

I just got my 2004 50th anniversary deluxe Strat HSS today. I have to say it is incredible! For the money, I couldn't hae gotten a better deal. This is my first nice guitar and I will this guitar for many years to come.

gdickinson
    I have the 2008 HSS in white with a rosewood fretboard. Have been playing it live for a little over two years - mostly for 80s/90s hard rock covers. Play it mostly through a Mesa Express. Great all around guitar. I have about 10 guitars, and this is the one I gig with. Haven't found another guitar with its versatility...tough to handle Tom Petty to Black Sabbath with one guitar, but it does so pretty well. Only use the S-1 switch in the up position...so basically treat it like a regular HSS strat. Like the pickups...the DH in the bridge isn't as hot as the SD JB's I have in other guitars, but I can still get enough gain. Hard to believe that with this much switching, it still doesn't just give you a single coil a the bridge sound...like a regular old strat...my only real criticism. Maybe there's a good reason for this? Anyway, fit and finish are fantastic. Like the roller nut a lot...no binding at all. Abalone-ish inlays look nice, but they're hard to see from certain angles (I admit it...I do look down sometimes to see where the heck I'm going...). Overall, not really a classic strat, not a Les Paul, not a Charvel...more of an all around workhorse. If you want one of these other sounds specifically, I'd get that specific guitar. Peace.
    Alice in pain
    Love this Guitar ! Traded my Gibson LP faded + $175 cash for this baby and I feel like I now have the best guitar that I have ever played . Love the HSS way better then the SSS in my book.