American Deluxe Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: American Deluxe Telecaster

Price paid: A$ 1800

Purchased from: Musos Corner

It was okay to begin with, but then I changed the strings and it's great now (Not sure what they were, but now I have Power Slinky's). I probably would get some Seymour's or DiMarzio's but I haven't thought about it. You can get a good tone with it, but my amp isn't very good, so it's probably very good.

I play a lot of KOL, Strokes, RHCP, stuff like that, and the Tele is kinda the Indie flagship. I have been playing for exactly 1 year, but I am very musical, get lessons and practise for 2+ hours a day and this fits me fine. I would get something else if it was stolen because I would like to try other guitars but I would consider it. It really stood out because of the neck. It is a f--king big update from my crap little Squier Strat, so yeah, and it's as good acoustically as my Maton.

I think this would be fine, but I would have a backup for strings. I would like to get another guitar with humbuckers as the single coils can be a bit "thin" sometimes. I think this guitar will last as well, as the screws are all well done and the like. I haven't played it at church yet but I might in a couple of days and it will be alright.

Set up when I bought it. The strap isn't very good because I Tye it to the guitar with it and it comes undone sometimes. It has a good neck which is what initially brought me to this guitar because it a wonder to slide and jam on this neck. And it has a big scratch on the pick guard but that is my fault hehe. I was taking off the stickers. Oh and it's a sunburst color.

I believe this is a 2008 Fender American Deluxe Tele from Corona, Cali. It has a fairly long neck of 22 frets made of maple. It has just a simple 3 way pickup selector, volume and tone. The pickups are noise canceling and are very nice. It came with a hard case that looks like a WW2 bunker.

mendicuti
    I rather play and standard, the combination of colors on the deluxe series are uglier than a fat mother-in-law on a tiny bikini as a christmas gift... by the way: merry christmas everybody!!!
    Zoso Juan
    man i really like this guitar, maybe color combinations are not the best but this guitar sounds like an orgasm
    DeadlyKombat
    maybe its just me? but does anyone else think that the picture looks a bit photoshoped or something?
    druz15_UG
    kaizerkhan13
    druz15_UG wrote: Correction, mine was made in 1998. I realise this guitar may not be for everybody but don't bash it, I know metalheads who have played my guitar and gone OMG this guitar is gorgeous I want one instead of my shitty B.C Rich etc so you know it's good if they can admit to that
    yeah i know a few metalheads that use em, and John 5 n Jim Root are good examples lol. nice guitar
    MasterStomp17
    I have one and love it...play through a fender hot rod deville. I get a nice fat dirty sound...the sound I wanna Fuck to
    cagne
    I installed a 4 way switch to and fender custom shop pickups to my 2001 cherry sunburst. The fourth position is hot. fender guitars sound best through fender amp. i recomend a 65 twin reverb with a boss me70 effects unit. my twin reverb is a custom 15 which handles everything i can throw at it. just my opinion.
    cagne
    I installed a 4 way switch and fender custom shop pickups to my 2001 cherry sunburst. The fourth position is hot. fender guitars sound best through fender amp. i recomend a 65 twin reverb with a boss me70 effects unit. my twin reverb is a custom 15 which handles everything i can throw at it. just my opinion.
    cagne
    I installed a 4 way switch and fender custom shop pickups to my 2001 cherry sunburst. The fourth position is hot. fender guitars sound best through fender amps. i recomend a 65 twin reverb with a boss me70 effects unit. my twin reverb is a custom 15 which handles everything i can throw at it. just my opinion.
    yojimbo9999
    rock solid dependable. I picked up a used one i saw on the wall at a local store that was in great shape. the SCN noiseless pickups sound incredible, and the S1 switch in the middle position gives it a more heavy, full and dark tone if thats what you're looking for instead of the classic tele sound.
    robbo.b
    What I really want to hear is how the American deluxe sounds when pretty overdriven in a whole band situation, I can't really find anything that explains it too much... My current band is alt/rock, will I be able to keep up with my other guitarist who uses an sg???