American Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Standard Stratocaster HSS

Purchased from: its my cousins guitar

I play almost anykind of music there is and this guitar worked well no matter what I played and still managed to sound good, I was using a small 10 watt custom amp (the guitar and amp are my cousins) with standard overdrive and tone. The time I was playing the Strat I mainly had the overdrive on and turned up. it generally stays quiet when you quit playing it regardless if the overdrive is on or not. I played Jimi Hendrix on this guitar one minute and the next I was playing KillSwitch Engage. And it sounded great the variety of music on this guitar is amazing.

My overall impression of this guitar is that I would buy one if I had the money. I love the feel of the guitar when you play it, it's awesome and as for me this guitar would really just suite just about anybody because of its ability to sound good with anytype of music.

As far as reliability and Durability it has 1 very small dent in the back, I have also noticed that no matter where my cousin seems to set this guitar whether anything is touching the head stock or not, it always seems to stay intune. The strap buttons make me nervous a little bit. They are the ones that let the strap slide off to easliy. My own guitar has the same problem so you just have to be careful. And from my thoughts on this guitar. I would probly use it for a gig or a performace with out any backup.

When I played the guitar I was under the impression that it was brand new, strings and all but I took a look behind the headstock and it said "used" but either way just imagine how it would sound brand new the action and the pickups are set just right with each other. From what I have played on this guitar, it is flawless even when prevously used.

I'm not sure what year or where this guitar was made. It is a Fender American Stratocaster HSS with 22 frets, maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, 2 custom-staggered Tex-Mex, single-coil Strat pickups, and 1 Fender diamond back humbucking pickup. These are just the basics of this guitar.

Nirvanarien
    Im just a little confused here.. are you talking about the Deluxe AM Strat or the Standard?
    kav101
    i just bought this bad boy an hour ago in a vintage sunburst finish. oh my word. totally glad i traded my old epi les paul in for it. can't put it down!
    The Horror!
    Apejack Cuba
    The Horror! wrote: Hey Hendrix on Acid, are you sure you bought the American Strat HSS, because all the features you described (the LSR, the Samarian Cobalt, the DH-1, and nowadays the S-1 system) are Deluxe exclusive features.
    His review's from 2005 and they've changed the Strats up a bit since then I guess. I have an American Standard HSS in Sienna Sunburst and it doesn't have any of those things. Still a wonderful guitar, though.