American Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Standard Stratocaster HSS

Perfect for pretty much anything. I consider myself open to all styles and I've been able to replicate Aerosmith (moslty Gibson Les Paul rock band) and Eric Johnson. Other perfect matches have included Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Chet Atkins, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Jerry Reed. The humbucker with coil tap gives you so many more options than a Les Paul or a Stratocaster, I see it as the best of both worlds.

I play pretty much every style of music. Jazz, blues, rock, country, bluegrass, and classical all being in the regular rotation. This guitar has been able to match almost perfectly every individual artist I have tried to imitate thus far. When searching for electric guitars I didn't want to limit myself with a Les Paul to harder rock, and I didn't like the Fender Strats being to clean. I did consider a Fender B-Bender Telecaster with Tex Mex single coils and a five-way Switch. I wanted the best of all worlds. I can sound like a tele, Strat, les paul, or Gretsch with a few twist on the old Peavey studio 112 amp. The S-1 switching is amazing, and I recommend for everyone.

Guitar is hardly ever in its case, always set up in my room or being carted over to friends houses. No visible damage has been done at all in over a year and it is my work horse electric. I can easily see this guitar lasting for as long as I play. Chrome screws rust quickly, I recommend replacing with stainless steel screws if possible.

Guitar actually arrived in tune from the factory, excellent set up. I did have to put locking tuners on it from bending it out so much with the Tremelo, but not a must have of course, I thouroughly enjoy.