American Standard Stratocaster HSS review by Fender

Fender: American Standard Stratocaster HSS

This guitar is awesome! It makes pinch harmonics so much easier, it's neck is slime and super-comfy. The guitar is completely ownage in all field, although the bass strings always have a bit of distortion on it (probably bass boost-i wish I knew how to fix it)no matter what you do. But other than that, it's awesome. I play mainly rock music, and this guitar gives the crunchy tone that many songs require. The S-1 Switch allows for the occasional change of style of music, and the sound is pretty awesome. My suggestion, if you can get hold of a Standard with the S-1 Switch, BUY IT! It is only available now on the deluxe series which costs crap amounts and it so expensive.

I play rock/neo-classical/blues rock/classical/metal/country/folk/pop/blue/ all kinds of music, and this guitar plays like a dream. If I lost it, I would probably try to replace it, but there was only one of these babies in the shops in this country left, and I took that. The only thing is that the appearance could have been a little more flash with glittering finish/whatever. If the pickguard had been gold, I would have been happier, but that's nothing to mark this guitar down for. I chose mainly because of the clearance special, $1000 NZ$ off, which is 1/3 of the price off.

This guitar will definately withstand a gig or performance. I banged this guitar with my old one a couple of times, but no visible marks on it yet. I think this guitar might outlive me, and I am 13. The strap is a lot more solid than my previous. don't think anything will go wrong with it.

Well, I am not really an expert on the hardware, seems pretty good though, neck is glossed, action is perfect and needs no adjustments (for me) and it does not seem to contain any flaws. Not lost pegs, nuts are cut pretty well. The pickups seem pretty good, but, as I said, I am no expert on the subject so I COULD be wrong(hopefully not! I love this guitar! )

This guitar was made in america, exactly where abouts I am not sure, neither am I sure about the time it was made. This guitar came with a Standard case, which is internationaly recognised. This means the is you take it to the airports, the won't bust it open, they'll use a master key to open it. It also came with a cloth, strap, lead. This guitar has and S-1 Switch (they were dicontinued on standards this year), which is awesome. It has a five way selector, 2 tone and 1 volume knobs.