American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Well I have a extreamly small Fender 15g witch makes basically every setting have a low and sometimes high static interfearence, but when I use it on my neighbors Marshall or my insstructers Fender Twin Reverb it sounds increadible. I play alot more of the cleaner Clapton type stuff and when theres no static it sounds really nice. I also play some of the distorted rock and ounk when my bandmates want me to, and it works ok for that, but I think that humbuckers are better for that.

It fits my style music pretty good. ive ben playin maybe 3 years and I also own a old piece of crap i got for free electric and a acoustic. I would probly not buy the same guitar if it were lost because I think that I should have experiance with many diff styles of guitars. I did compare it to other guitars, such as a Les Paul or a SG and a Telecaster, but I think I chose this because I could afford it and when your new you see that the Strat is often placed with rock music so I thought it would suit all my needs perfectly. If you want one got to a store and play it a lot and compare it with other guitars and find out witch fits your style better.

Unfourtunatly the finish I choose is known to scratch very easy. So along the top slant on the back there are alot of little marks, but if I had the money I could fix them. it also sometimes chips but I fix it myself. the hardware seems like it will last untill its replaced. The bolt thingy holding the output on came loose about 3 monthes into it, but that was easy to fix. Never had a strap fall or come undone. I do not find it a nessesity to bring a backup to a gig, but since you never know what could happen its a good idea to bring a backup toevery gig with any guitar.

When I got the guitar it was a beauty, nice and shiney and no flaws. The pickups and everything were just where they should be and they all worked great.

- Made in 2003 in America - 22 frets - volume, H and L tone, 5-way pickup selector - Fender noisless pickups - maple neck and fretboard