American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: --

I am incredibly lucky to have gotten this fine guitar at such a fine price. In my opinion, Stratocasters are the nicest sounding and feeling guitars of all time. I play many styles of music, from the bluesy leads of Jimmy Page and Gary Moore to the classic rock of Jimi Hendrix, From Guns N' Roses and Metallica to Foo fighters and Muse. This guitar covers them all perfect, with its treble heavy, clear, almost vocal style of this amazing guitar. Listen to Jimi Hendrix play on any of his albums. You can hear every note perfectly. If he played a Les Paul, it would be lost in its deep chasms of sustain. Also, compare the body shape to that of a Les Paul. The Les paul's sharp corners stick into while you play, and it is heavier than a grand piano (not really). Two minutes with a Strat and you're playing it likes its the only thing you've ever done. I use my Strat with a Marshall 30-watt amp and my DigiTech RP100, and it is my dream setup. My Strat, when turned up, does not lose its unique tone. It is a guitar suitable for every type of tone known to man. Just go into a guitar shop and play one. You'll see.

I play all styles of music, and I think Strats are the universal guitar. Even non-Strat users like Slash have something to say ("I think Strats are the best-sounding guitars, but you have to try hard with them"). This guitar will last you through 3 lifetimes, and so will your warranty. If this guitar was stolen, I'd get a machinegun, kill every person in the country and not rest until I got it back. It's that good.

Though Strats are light, they are extremely durable. Though I haven't the nerve to abuse it, the finish is as hard as Kerry King's wrist muscles. The strap buttons are 100% solid, and I wouldn't shame my Strat by using another guitar as a backup, 1st class.

I spent 20 minutes going over this guitar, and I cannot find a flaw in this guitar. Every surface is smooth, and the wood quality is superb. The pickups were installed perfectly, and there is not a thing wrong with them. The bridge is fine, as is the top. A lot of thought and effort has understandably gone into this guitar, and it is worth ever cent. There was not one flaw in its action and finish.

- Made in California, 2004. - 22 frets, maple neck. - Solid top. - Dark brown Strat body. - Floyd rose bridge. - Volume, tone (2x), 5-way selector. - Singlecoil pickups. - Hard case, strap, cable, humidifiers, tremolo bar, 2 plectrums.