American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Avenue Guitars

It fits all my musical tastes perfectly. Metal, classic rock, blues, jazz, it does it all. I'm using it with a Roland Cube 30 for practice, and a Marshall stack for shows. There is hardly any noise on this guitar, a good thing for single coil pickups. These pickups sound the nicest, and have the least amount of hum I have ever heard.

For my metal influences, this guitar suits me perfectly. Even when I want to break out the classic rock and blues, it's there to serve. I've been playing for over three years, and this guitar has been with me through over half of that time. If lost, I would instantly go out and buy myself the exact same guitar. To me, this guitar can do no wrong, it has been reliable, has always sounded good, and will continue to be my main guitar for years to come.

It has been through many live gigs, and has not faultered whatsoever. The hardware, strap buttons, and everything else is solid, and has not once dissapointed me. I depend on this guitar for most of my playing, and continually use it without a backup. It's always there when I need it to be. The finish is thick and has not worn at all, even after over a year and a half of playing.

The guitar needed no work from the factory. The action, pickup poles, and bridge were all set up as near perfect as you can get. I ended up having to change the action and intonation on most of my other guitars, however I was glad that I didn't have to change anything on this one. There were no flaws on this guitar. Everything was in surprisingly good condition.

My 2004 American-made Stratocaster is by far my favorite guitar. It's got 22 jumbo frets set in a rosewood fingerboard, on an alder body. It was specially made for the Stratocaster's '50th anniversary, and has a beautiful Olympic white finish. It has a floating bridge, great for up and down whammy playing, and has a single volume pot, with two tone pots. It came with a solid, form-fitted case, whammy bar, strap, cable, two allen keys, and a waxed cloth.